Want to hire AACA judges for car show

Guest cruze69gto

Guest cruze69gto

Hi, Im looking to hire judges for the 15th Annual Pontiacs In Pigeon Forge Car Show June 5-7 2015. For years we have used local car guys to judge but this year I would like to take it to the next level. If someone could point me in the right direction, or appropriate person to talk too I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Mike

I.m sure your intentions are good but this is a hobby, the judges don't seek money. Would you really want that? If you're mainly into Pontiacs contact the nearest POCI (Pontiac Oakland Club) for help. The AACA is always looking for new regions and members for existing regions to become active judges at local and national shows. Talk to those members and leaders but not about money.

You should contact a local AACA Region in Tennessee. I am sure you would find folks there willing to help you. It looks like the East Tennessee Region is near your location. Check out the Tennessee Regions at the following link:

http://www.aaca.org/Community/regions-a-chapters.html

You will find contact information at that link.

Listen to Mr Vinson and Mr Mellor and contact a local AACA chapter.

Several years ago the Ford Galaxie Club held a national gathering during the spring Autofair at the Charlotte Speedway. About a dozen AACA judges went from the AACA show field to theirs and judged by AACA guidelines, which are not model specific. The Ford Galaxie folks were well pleased with the results, and we had a great time learning about their cars.

The recommendations above are certainly valid;

but did you know that the A.A.C.A. itself has a

non-geographic region devoted exclusively to the

car subject you're organizing!

It's the Oakland-Pontiac Worldwide Region.

Its members hail from all over, and the president

lives in Ohio. You could call the national A.A.C.A. office

at (717) 534-1910 (Penna.) and get contact information.