Headers for 1964 Buick Riviera

guslopez1964

Has anyone used any of these headers for their 425 nailhead? Was their any clearance issues in your 1964 Buick Riviera? I wanted to know before I make an investment and what I would need to modify if any.

http://www.sandersonheaders.com/Sanderson-BNH2-Shorty-Header-Set-for-Buick-Nailhead-V8-in-64-Up-Riviera.html

http://www.taperformance.com/PDF/TAPerformance_Catalog.pdf

I've seen both installed. Guys over on the V8Buick forum are really into the performance side of the nailhead engine. For the most part the consensus over there is: 1) There's no real horse power gain over a set of stock manifolds that have been ported; 2) they're noisy and tend to leak; and 3) it's not worth the investment. For the most part, the biggest reason for installing them is for eye candy.

Ed

I've seen both installed. Guys over on the V8Buick forum are really into the performance side of the nailhead engine. For the most part the consensus over there is: 1) There's no real horse power gain over a set of stock manifolds that have been ported; 2) they're noisy and tend to leak; and 3) it's not worth the investment. For the most part, the biggest reason for installing them is for eye candy.

Ed

Right. So, here is my solution...

post-90212-143143001924_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the quick response guys. Well then that helps me out a lot and keeps $500 in my pocket. I see in your pic, which is a beauty! you have a double 4 barrel manifold. Do they make a 4 barrel aftermarket manifold for the nailhead? I've only seen yours online.

Buick made one from the factory for the 425 in 1964, '65, and '66. There are aftermarket ones available but none as good as the one from the factory. Grab a beverage and read through Russ Martins articles on the nailhead. Lots of good information as well as tips on what to stay away from. (Did I hear someone say "awful-houser?") IF you can find one, the best 2 x 4 manifold is the Edelbrock B262; no longer being produced and hoarded by the go-fast crowd.

Ed