2001 Jaguar XKR - 9,500 mile, 1 owner - what's it worth?

I bought this XKR for my wife new in the fall of 2000 and now she says sell it (our daughter is getting married). It's always been in heated storage and looks like new inside and out. Yes, it has 9,500 actual one owner miles!

What's the best source to determine it's market value?

Thanks,

David

David, the Jag is considered a used car. You will have to wait a few years for most folks to see it as a classic car.

However, according to TrueValue, the low end is about $5K, mid price is about $12K, and the very high end $20K. These are retail numbers. You will probably have to price the car to sell at around $17 or so. A dealer would probably give you no more than $10K.

There are other sites that give car values, so look around at Edmunds, etc.

Let us know how the sale goes.

Unfortunately Jaguars have notoriously poor resale value, largely due to their maintenance expense combined and reliability reputation. That said there is also a very strong regional aspect to their values as well. Dealers use regional data bases to determine used car values more than the typical Edmunds/KBB/NADA guides we all use. For Jaguars that will mean that the car's value will be significantly higher in California or New Jersey than it is in Alabama or Indiana. There's just higher demand in those areas.

So using the consumer guides will give a good idea of what the car's worth, but take that number with a grain of salt.

Guest Peeler

Thanks to both of you! I was afraid of what I would hear and have little faith in the typical value guides out there. I am in North Carolina and the market here is not that strong. In fact, people shy away from Jaguar because the dealers in the area can't be trusted and reliable repair shops are few ad far between. I'm reluctant to put it on Ebay, but at this point, it may give me some basis of what it may bring. I was hoping for north of $20k, but that sounds like a stretch! Thanks again!