Woodgraining needed for dash and garnish moldings

Does anyone have a recommendation for the name of a service that does woodgraining on car dashboards? I am looking for an accurate reproduction so it looks like the original factory woodgraining. I am restoring a 37 Packard.

Thanks.

Many places do woodgraining. You want to find someone who has the correct engraved plates and knows what the original grain looked like unless yours is in good enough shape to determine the grain and color. Just like painting, most of the work in woodgraining is in the preparation.

Sounds like the critical piece of the puzzle is making sure whoever does the woodgraining has the correct wood grain patterns and colors in addition to prep work and being able to replicate the original factory look.

Guest DeSoto32

I did my 32 De Soto as well. I would not use the woodgraining.com clear coat, but do a urethane with a detail sprayer. The orangpeel look from the clearcoat spray cans they sell is virtually impossible to level. I had to strip some pieces and start over. The base coat and woodgraining part is very do-able. Cost me about $500 for the woodgraining stuff, $150 for the clearcoat (way more than I'll ever need) to do a 7 window frames/garnishes sets, and the dash and a few trim pieces around the windshield of the car....2 weeks, about 30-40 hours