Dave Shipman

Jim65Riv

I received my March/April Riview yesterday. On page 34 is an announcement that Dave was the only qualified member to apply for a position on the Board of Trustees. As the only applicant, his election is assured (I was hoping to be his campaign manager - but only for the groupies).

Congrats Dave. I know that you'll do a excellent job. You may even be able to make it to St. Charles if your snow has melted by then.

The Gopher State Chapter, BCA is proud of you.

Thank you, Jim. 8.75 feet of snow and counting here in Massachusetts. Shovel in hand if necessary, I'll be driving the Riv to St. Charles. I'm proud to say that the only groupies are my grandkids...

Congrats Dave, look forward to seeing you in St. Charles. You had as much competition for the open position as I did last year!

We haven't had as much snow as Mass has, but we haven't seen the grass here now for 7 weeks. We've got more coming tonight into tomorrow. My kids are all excited thinking school's going to be closed tomorrow.

I am looking forward to Dave joining the team. I trust with his new transmission, he will arrive in St Charles IL fully intact, on time and there will be no empty parking space this year in the winners circle.:)

The success of any volunteer organization is dependent on people who give their time to it generously, willfully, as well as sacrificing personal interests in place of needs of the team.

At the past few annual meets Dave has been a great help to Ray Knott especially in the form of running the registration and merchandise table. A task that is more complex than it looks and requires good communication and organization skills to insure members start out with a welcoming experience. Of course this is a great way to meet and listen/talk to members face to face.

ROA has been blessed with many dedicated members past and present which was outlined in my and Rays message in the latest Riview. Truly a privilege to be associated with an organization that has so many giving people who keep the wheels of ROA greased and turning.

For those of you who are members of the ROA, there is an introduction for Dave in the form of the resume that he submitted for consideration to be a member of the board. When you read it, you will agree with everyone who has responded so far that Dave's experiences in HR, accounting, and management will be a great asset to our board.

I've enjoy a great friendship with Dave on many things besides Rivieras. But he's been most helpful with the purchase of my last two Rivieras; a very well optioned 1993, and a Gold Edition 1990. He decoded the RPO tags for me as well as making copies of crash sheets for me so I can identify parts. (No crashes, but the crash sheets will tell you infinitesimal differences between the same part for different years.

Be on the watch for Dave's eagle eye. If your not lined up with the car next to you for the show at the national meets, he'll make sure you are. If you've seen pictures of the field and how nicely all the cars are aligned, you can thank Dave.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Thanks, Ed.

My old Navy Drill Instructor father always drilled into me "Do it right the first time, or don't do it at all"...and "Yes sir, no sir, no excuse sir"...