Birthday Wishes for a 100 year old car.

edinmass

My 1915 Ford T turned 100 years old today. I was going to take it out for a spin but it was 3 below zero this morning at 7 am and the car is not in a heated garage, That and 4 feet of snow on the ground and salt on the roads ruined a day I had been planning for more than 6 months. I'll try for it's first century spin in a few more weeks.

post-31625-143142992735_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the milestone B'day.

Spring is right around the corner, hope you don't have to wait very long. I can't believe how much snow Mass. got this year. Here in MN. we usually get those amounts, but we lucked out and had less snow, but brutally cold weather.

All the best from MN.

A little spark, a little coil, A little gas, a little oil, A piece of tin, a two inch board— Put them together and you have a Ford. :cool: Happy Birthday ya old Tin Lizzy. From a 100+ year old Buick. The Chartreuse Lady.

Thanks all. The weather is starting to break but I think it'll be another month before it gets it's first drive at 100 years old. I thought it was kind a neat that I was able to know the date it sold new. It would've made it really neat photo op.

I thought it was kind a neat that I was able to know the date it sold new.

Kinda? I'd say absolutely definitely 100% neat! Holy cow ... to have that sort of documentation ... is so cool, well, in my opinion, anyway!

Cort :)www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve

"The stars might lie, but the numbers never do" __ Mary Chapin-Carpenter __ 'I Feel Lucky'

So, Ed, tell us a bit more about your car's history!

How did you find its build date?

Do you know where it was delivered, and the

names or the original (or other early) owners?

In a lot of towns in the northeast, you could locate

the original owner's house, and it might look almost

as it did 100 years ago!