Buicks in Springtime

dmfconsult

We have had a fantastic, warmer than usual Winter up here in the Pacific Northwest! While the warm weather means the local ski hills have no snow, it means that Spring is blooming about 6 weeks early here. I took the opportunity today to get the Electra out and stretch her legs for about 30 miles. What a great day! For all you folks east of here digging out of record snow fall... don't worry, Spring is almost here. Here's a taste! Let's see your photos as the flowers come out to bloom!

post-52370-143142981948_thumb.jpg

post-52370-143142981963_thumb.jpg

post-52370-143142981976_thumb.jpg

post-52370-143142981988_thumb.jpg

post-52370-143142981999_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I like the car. I bought one of those, a brown convertible with a stuck engine, in 1975. The year before I had started renting one side of an L-shaped garage in town. My friend from school, Mike, rented the other side. We had to go 30 miles in winter weather to pick the car up and tow it home with a chain. The first thing Mike did was put the power window down to smoke. It didn't go back up. That was a cold ride home.

So we slid the 1967 Electra into the garage. It was one of those old Swap Sheet buys. At the coffee shop someone asked about the garage and Mike said "It ain't no garage. It's a marina, he's filling it with boats." So Mike started calling it Herbie's Marina. (Herbie came from an old Pollack who ran a junkyard and was hard of hearing, another story).

Anyway it stuck and for Christmas 1988 my wife provided the official sign for my newly built garage at home.

post-46237-143142982703_thumb.jpg

So there is a story about '67 Buick converts, winter, and how fast times passes. I just took that picture. It is sunny and 19 degrees, a regular damned heat wave.

Bernie

SPRINGTIME ON BUICK POND

starring Morning Glory, also co-starring Elvis, Zoie and Kowpi

P1010305_zps9n0osuam.jpg

P1010323_zpsuyslu4ll.jpg

P1010329_zpsbbqbexeq.jpg

Anybody see a Main Coon in this picture V V

P1010313_zpsvv1a6c7c.jpg

V V Here she is

P1010315_zpsjgnjpy3f.jpg

Introducing Kowpi

P1010328_zpswz7norzj.jpg

Elvis V V

P1010351_zpspekvgaff.jpg

and ZOIE V V

P1010375_zps31nq2ecs.jpg

with Special Guests "The Daffodils"

P1010340_zpsdc05leos.jpg

on "Buick Pond"

P1010370_zpsmrtfit1l.jpg

and the star of the show.... Morning Glory aka '54 Muscle

P1010367_zps0vowomut.jpg

• Like 4

The snow blower started on the third pull today. :)

I should have waited. The predicted second wave of snow didn't make it here and the sun came out and cleared the rest of the side walks and the other half of the drive. Oh well, a little exercise never hurt anyone.

If I wasn't such a nice gentle soul I'd tell you guys where you could put those cherry blossoms and daffodils :D. Three inches of new snow yesterday. Cold with a 30 knot wind today. More snow and freezing rain for tomorrow..............Bob

Great photos of 'Morning Glory' and your herd. Thanks for sharing!

Glad someone is getting some sunshine

More snow on the way here too.

Had to plow to get out of the driveway today.

I'm running out of places to put all the snow. The bird bath will thaw someday.[ATTACH=CONFIG]297472[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297473[/ATTACH]

The Old Buick and Ranger haven't seen sunshine for quite a while.

Bill

post-59118-143142994372_thumb.jpg

post-59118-143142994378_thumb.jpg

Edited by wmsue (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Second coldest Feb on record here thanks to gloBull warming so it might be awhile before the spring peepers thaw out and start peeping. No peepers, no car pics!

Lamar - what did that nice kitty do to deserve the name kowpi

• 3 weeks later...

Lamar - what did that nice kitty do to deserve the name kowpi

She just sort of "looks the part" when curled up laying on the table or other places she is not suppose to be.

Well I was hoping to use this thread for the May "What's Happening on the Forum" but it appears mother nature isn't cooperating in letting the weather fair up so everybody can get there cars out. Hopefully that will change and we will see some nice pictures of everybody's Buicks SOON !!!!

Today was a beautiful sunny day in my area. Not a cloud in the sky, bright sunshine on the windows, and 19* with 12 mph winds... Normal temp for this time of year should be 38* which is cold enough, but this is ridiculous! None-the-less, had the 72 running for a while even if I can't take it out of the shed cause I never cleared the snow to the building and now it's several inches of ice! I hope it clears out in enough time so I can take the car to Missouri.

Spring officially arrived on March 20th; nothing to do with the weather, it's all in the declination of the sun. Let's see some pictures of what your Buicks actually look like in the spring of 2015. Ship, are your igloos still covered in snow?

No snow on the Riviera and Reatta igloos right now, but I will need to replace the vinyl on both once the snow disappears around the sides. Both got ripped due to the sheer weight of the snow once we got rain then overnight freeze. Boston area has a snow record for 2014-2015...over 110 inches...beat previous by 3 inches so far.

Memories, I bought one of those drive in storage tents a lot time ago for extra space. The Riviera was inside when heavy snow made one end collapse. Then in thawed. Then it froze. I had and 800 pound female ice mold of my left front fender that could not be removed.

I still have an engraved memory of that thing rolling across the back yard in the wind.

Bernie

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Since we are now in Summer, I thought I'd close out this thread for this year, with some new photos.  Technically still Spring when the photos were taken, my brother-in-law who is an amateur photographer took these photos as my wife and I were leaving with the Electra to attend the Puget Sound Chapters All Buick Open in Puyallup.  It was a great show with many nice Buicks and even more great people. 

post-95511-0-77581200-1434993340_thumb.j

post-95511-0-18957000-1434993358_thumb.j

post-95511-0-83193100-1434993373_thumb.j

post-95511-0-04505800-1434993385_thumb.j

• Like 4

• 9 months later...

Saturday April 2nd the Mason-Dixon Chapter had a tour near Sharpsburg MD. Most thought it was too early in the season to bring out their cars. But we drove "Lucy" our 1937. We had good company with a 1930 Franklin and a 1931 Ford at the Rural Heritage Museum. It has about 30 cars on display. 5 locally made. 2 Dagmars, 2 Pope Tribunes from Hagerstown and A Crawford from Martinsburg WV.

.DSCF5041.JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Wilmington is known for its azaleas. I usually get some photos when the azaleas are in full bloom. We had too much rain a couple of weeks ago when the azaleas should have been in full bloom to get any good photos this year. I took my 1937 Century out yesterday to a local park and took a few photos. Here are those photos.

IMG_20160420_152746818.jpg

IMG_20160420_152756146.jpg

IMG_20160420_152805835 (1).jpg

• Like 7

Springtime for us in these parts means it's time for the AACA SE Region Spring Meet at Charlotte AutoFair.

I missed ll the azaleas and dogwood blooms, but having the Roadmistress out at the speedway made up for it.

The weather was chilly and VERY windy, 35-40mph gusts, but the lighting was superb!

57 Buick Gibson 2X.jpg

57 Buick Gibson 1X.jpg

TG

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

By now Spring must have sprung elsewhere!  Over here in the Pacific Northwest, the Spring blooming is coming to an end.  Since we like azaleas, I thought I'd snap a picture of the some in my yard before the flowers fell off.  Unfortunately, the full-size Buicks can't get in my yard, so with some creative license, I was able to move my much smaller '69 Riviera in for a few pics!  (JD I know you'll love the blackwalls!)  Let's see some more of your Buicks with some Spring color!

tn_DSCN2187.JPGtn_DSCN2189.JPG

Edited by dmfconsult (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Well I haven't posted here in a very long time. Probably last year. I was at Auburn auction this weekend and met the gentleman that purchased the low mile 57 Buick special at a estate auction last year. Nice fella. The car was like a time warp. It showed exactly how my 57 Special should look. Mine is a long way off from his. After getting back home we decided to take the old girl out for a spin and purchase some flowers for the pots. Did ya know tomorrow is Mothers Day? I'll have a picture uploaded here eventually. Having issues.

This is not the better picture but it's the only one that I can get it to go through.

20160507_170559.jpg

Edited by buicknewbee (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Doug, White walls with hub caps.  Blackwalls with mags.  That's my motto.  :D

Anyway, I am lucky enough to get my cars into my yard, and just got these snapped today. 

56 Spring 2016.JPG

56 spring 2016 3 .JPG

56 spring 2016 2.JPG

• Like 5

• 3 years later...