54-56 322ci Nailhead / Dynaflow

Guest BurntBridge54

Guest BurntBridge54

I have been just searching craigslist on work breaks to pass the time, but seeing Jef1956's ad really got me thinking. I am interested in finding a good running 54-56 322ci w/ Dynaflow to swap into my '54 Special. It doesn't need to be super fancy, but I am wanting something to swap in and enjoy.

I don't have a huge budget, but let me know what you have and what you want to get for it. Will pay cash or I have a 2006 6.0L LQ4 w/ 4L80E that I was going to use in another project that I would be willing to trade for the right combo.

post-106887-143142981803_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

David

Guest BurntBridge54

Thanks MrEarl, I enjoy taking pictures, it has been my window into the hobby for a couple of years.

My '54 has the 264/Dynaflow in it right now. It needs a refresh, but I want to keep the car driveable. That is why I am looking around. Thanks for the heads up, I was not aware of the linkage difference, that will definitely be something to watch out for. Will a '56 Nailhead bolt up with my '54 Dynaflow? Thanks for the link, I might be able to work something out with that.

Thanks

David

Yea but a 322 may be too much for that 40 series Dynaflow. The 40 series stators only have 12 vanes where the others series have like 20 or 22. The 60-50/70 series 322's put out much more torque than the 40 264's. Why don't you try it though and report back, as I have a 322 I want to put behind a 40 series transmission too.:D Just never heard the results of it being done.

seriously I'd keep looking for a 322 with Dynaflow attached

Guest BurntBridge54

Thanks guys. I have a couple of leads near by. One would really put my Dynaflow to the test, but I am thinking I might be able to get through the season .................. if I don't hammer the throttle.

David

Guest BurntBridge54
I want to hear about that one
Apparently I can't post a picture from my phone, but while being more than I was looking to spend right now, it is exactly what I would be working towards building with anything else. Let's just say solid lifter cam, tri-power, and comes with 200-4R adapter ;) . Just trying to scrounge up enough funds before somebody else buys it.

David

Edited by BurntBridge54 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chaz Paul

Where are u located? I have a dynaflow transmission. Im not positive on the year but I think it an earlier one. Maybe the number on it could help.

Guest Chaz Paul

Hey first born guy, I talked to you back in in Sep 2014 about my 56 buick century. I took your advice and got the nailhead running, and im having the dynaflow rebuilt, plus wiring.

• 1 month later...
Guest billybobjohnson

Look on craigs list in new Orleans nail head engine and dynaflow for sale.1955 Might help??????

Guest slacker1965
I have been just searching craigslist on work breaks to pass the time, but seeing Jef1956's ad really got me thinking. I am interested in finding a good running 54-56 322ci w/ Dynaflow to swap into my '54 Special. It doesn't need to be super fancy, but I am wanting something to swap in and enjoy.

I don't have a huge budget, but let me know what you have and what you want to get for it. Will pay cash or I have a 2006 6.0L LQ4 w/ 4L80E that I was going to use in another project that I would be willing to trade for the right combo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]296074[/ATTACH]

Thanks,

David

don't know your budget, but there is a 4dr '54 in charlotte that supposedly runs..... Corey transmissions has rebuilt dynaflows from many years in stock. PM me or email if you need help contacting these people. very interested in your LS stuff

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BurntBridge54

Thanks for all the responses guys! Sorry for not posting up sooner, but I bought a '56 322 w/ 2bbl and Dynaflow. Will need to be gone through, but hopefully I can get it in my Buick this winter.

Thanks

David