looking for parts for a reatts

Guest Decon

Guest my3buicks

I had a Pontiac Phoenix one time, great car and it has as much to do With Reatta's as this thread that has turned into a Fiero thread does.

Guest PontiacDude210
I had a Pontiac Phoenix one time, great car and it has as much to do With Reatta's as this thread that has turned into a Fiero thread does.

Sorta reminds me of a Nova. I've never seen a Phoenix before.

...What, it didn't derail the conversation any further, did it?

I use to have a '59 Bug Eye Sprite that fit me like a glove. It had a 948cc engine.

Just to stay on topic... I hauled a girlfriend around in my Bug Eye that looked like a dog and acted like a *****. ;)post-52331-1431429985_thumb.gif

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't know we couldn't say the name used for a female dog here.

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

Guest PontiacDude210
i used to have a x19.i really liked it other than the puny engine.i recently looked for another but they are all rust buckets.my dog is a boxer/altrailian shepard mutt.

Those are really cool. I'm learning about all sorts of cars through this thread. I used to have a Volkswagen Fox. Inline motor, FWD trans. Lots of fun. My dog is a Belgian Shepherd, or so I was told.

I had a Western Auto bike once.....but who cares. Someday when you are all drunk, I will tell you about the new 84 Fiero my wife purchased while I was on a business triip......now that will make you hate a car.

I still own a 1965 Corvair Corsa convertible that I purchased in 1968 when it was traded for a new Impala

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

I am really looking forward to hearing the '84 Fiero story--someday.

I have always considered buying a Corvair but so far have not, I have not even been in one truthfully. I just love the Corvair story and like the appearance of the car. How is the driving experience with this unusually engineered classic?

I have lots of stories......... I said I have a 1965 Corvair...... that is what I have remaining. In 1997 we moved and had to dispose of 7 Corvairs. In total I have owned 35+ Corvairs, starting with a new 1960 Monza coupe. I am a life member of CORSA (Corvair society of America)..... you might say Reattas are a sideline. On the way to the Portland Buick meet, we stayed 3 days in Tacoma for the CORSA national meet.

I use to have a '59 Bug Eye Sprite that fit me like a glove. It had a 948cc engine.

Hey Ronnie, We must be about the same size. In my youth I owned a '59 Bug Eye I built up for SCCA H Production and then drove it with a friend from New York City to Jackson, Mississippi. Lots of stories there!

Guest my3buicks

Somewhere along the line it was decided to discuss Fiero's and other non related topics, moderator needs to just pick the spot and clear it all. How's the weather in IL?

I used to show a 1968 Camaro at the Chevy/Vettefest at McCormick Place in Chicago back in the 90's. I remember on a different floor they had a huge Corvair display many years. Did you ever attend one of these events Barney? The Corvair's they had there were numerous and amazing.

Guest PontiacDude210

I think it's a little sad that the hottest topic on the forum is unrelated to Reattas. We don't discuss the car much anymore. We can discuss other cars for three pages though. The only way a topic ever gets a lot of hits is when somebody gets mad.

Hey Ronnie, We must be about the same size. In my youth I owned a '59 Bug Eye I built up for SCCA H Production and then drove it with a friend from New York City to Jackson, Mississippi. Lots of stories there!

I'm a big man. When I say the Bug Eye fit like a glove I wasn't kidding. Once I got inside the car, almost every part of my body was touching some part of the car. It had a rollbar installed and my head was up against it. Nevertheless I loved that car when I owned it. At my age I probably couldn't get into it but I wish I had kept it.

i actually know a bit about corvairs. my brother had a 1965 convertible automatic.we were very disappointed in how slow it was so we found another second gen engine and rebuilt it using the four carb heads.he bought the intake to mount a 390 holley.we managed to get it in and running but the car was still a slug.[carb probably needed rejetting].i believe a four speed would have helped a lot.he sold it and bought a 1976 tbird which was still a pretty cool car at the time.