Car Identification from photo - help needed

Guest MCPL

Hello car experts. We are trying to date the following picture of our library which opened in 1917. The only clue we have is the rear end of the car pictured on the far left. Does anyone have an idea of car model / year just from this snippet of an image? We are pretty clueless and hope you can lend us your expertise.

post-106861-14314298008_thumb.jpg

Keiser, I think everything looks like a Dodge to you, but you're usually correct. Dodge was a popular make back then. I agree the car is 1930-ish but it looks fairly worn. The photo is probably 3 or 4 years later. It didn't take long for cars to look "worn" with the poor roads they had back then.

Don

Keiser, I think everything looks like a Dodge to you, but you're usually correct. Dodge was a popular make back then. I agree the car is 1930-ish but it looks fairly worn. The photo is probably 3 or 4 years later. It didn't take long for cars to look "worn" with the poor roads they had back then.

Don

A closer look....the ridge in the center of the gas tank cover and the rear fender shape are big clues. The two-tone grey car has had a taillight added to the passenger side fender.

post-37352-143142980555_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142980567_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)