9.00-15 triple whitewall bias ply BF Goodrich tires

Seafoam65

While cruising the internet, I discovered that a company called

Motorspot sells a bias ply triple whitewall BF Goodrich tire just like the originals that came on the 65 Riviera, only the size available is 9.00-15. The chart on their website shows these tires to be 29.59 inches in diameter. Does anybody know if they'll fit a 65 Riviera without rubbing the fenderwells? I do know that the original 8.45-15 tires that came on the car new were 28.6 inches in diameter, so these tires are 1 inch larger in diameter.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

I have seen these tires on a `65 Riv and in my opinion they look too large for the car. This size has been available for quite a few years. I believe these tires were repro`ed for Cadillac applications.

Tom Mooney

I was going to say the exact same thing. I recall seeing a car with these at one of the nationals a while back. Car looked very odd which is why you don't see others purchasing them for Rivs to get the original 3 stripe look. Most apparently feel its not worth the trade off.

They are argent silver, for some reason the camera made them look white. They are argent

silver and not charcoal gray because they were originally on a 1964 Wildcat and were put on my car in 1967. My next project is to paint the centers charcoal. Where do you live in Illinois? My car spent it's entire time in Dixon, Illinois until 2013, having been purchased new at Ken Nelson

Buick-Pontiac in Dixon. It never got rusty because it was never driven in the rain or snow, just in May -September when it wasn't raining.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

They are argent silver and not charcoal gray because they were originally on a 1964 Wildcat

I'd bet that you could sell these 'rare beauties' to a '64 Wildcat owner and have money left over to get the correct ones for your car and put some money in the bank. Even more if you had the correct caps.

Ed

• 4 weeks later...
They are argent silver, for some reason the camera made them look white. They are argent

silver and not charcoal gray because they were originally on a 1964 Wildcat and were put on my car in 1967. My next project is to paint the centers charcoal. Where do you live in Illinois? My car spent it's entire time in Dixon, Illinois until 2013, having been purchased new at Ken Nelson

Buick-Pontiac in Dixon. It never got rusty because it was never driven in the rain or snow, just in May -September when it wasn't raining.

Thanks, sorry I haven't responded-I didn't see your post. I live in Springfield. Regarding wheels, I have considered white centers.