Sign in to follow this  
MrEarl

SPAM PM's have been reported

Spammers Tangerine and Sharknose have been reported by MANY of you and have been banned. Hopefully for good, but if you receive other similar PM's please don't hesitate to hit the triangle at the bottom of the pm that will let you report them.

I got one from Sharknose40. Didn't know about the triangle at the bottom. Deleted it without opening it.

I got that one too

I got one from Sharknose40. Didn't know about the triangle at the bottom. Deleted it without opening it.

Shortly after the PMs were sent they were reported. The moderators then banned the spammers immediately. Anyone who logged on and opened the PM after the sender was banned would see "banned" as the sender's user group after the sender was banned but the moderators have no way to delete PMs.

Is it possible that the accounts of these 2 people were compromised? That some outside person stole or guessed their password, and then sent out massive PM mailing under their ID?

Not sure exactly what happened but the IT Staff is working on getting to the bottom of it. I don't think that this volume of spam messages was sent manually by two individuals. Hopefully they will get it figured out soon.

ya, I got one from tangerine, said he was a member since 2010

A member since 2010. A total of two posts in July 2010.

Likely a hacker got into an inactive account

Is it possible that the accounts of these 2 people were compromised? That some outside person stole or guessed their password, and then sent out massive PM mailing under their ID?

Hacked. I'm sure

Bringing this back to the top as the moderators are still getting reports trickling in. I also see that the administrator added a special message at the top of the main page. Doesn't jump off the page at you but it is there.

Recently or 3-4 days ago Willis?