50-53 Roadmaster - help w/ some around-the-engine pictures

Eric W

Ok, so my '51 Roadie was victim of that most stupid of "modifications" - copper theft. Unspeakables chopped out all the wires ahead of the firewall. They were very careful not to chop any of the vacuum tubes, so they seemed to know what was a wire. Anyway, I'm going to attempt to make this run without investing in the big $ harness replacement (yet). I've reviewed the diagram, and there's only about a dozen wires in the start/charge/ignition part of the system. I'd like to make this look at least somewhat original, because if it works, I might just leave it for a while (and add the lights/horn later). Can someone with a '50-'53 Roadmaster contribute photos similar to these:

post-92541-143142974572_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

post-92541-143142974553_thumb.jpg

post-92541-143142974557_thumb.jpg

post-92541-143142974561_thumb.jpg

post-92541-143142974565_thumb.jpg

post-92541-143142974568_thumb.jpg

I can take some pics for you in a day or so of my 52 Roadmasters. Today it is blowing the snow so hard that you cannot see across the street!! Tonight it will be below zero. Need the wind to die down a bit and the temps to rise a bit before I venture out!

Gary

Guest 53 Roady

Thieves are low and copper thieves are low among them! I owe you some pics but the 53 is a v-8 12 volt and pics of it probably will muddy the water. Gary's will help you more.

Pat

Thanks, guys - I forgot about the '53 - maybe had the 40-series in mind... Anyway, those couple more inches in length over the Special seems to make a big difference in access to items around the steering column... Though it may also be that the intake/exhaust manifold isn't there yet either.