White Letter Tires

Cargirl

Hi All! I have been traveling and looking at nothing but photo's of my cars. I was just looking at my new Reatta and was trying to envision how the car would look with raised white letter tires. Does any one have photo's of a Reatta with raised letter tires? What is the rule of thumb about what cars get them and what cars don't?

Guest Corvanti

my answer is: whatever you want!

for me: i don't think white letter tires look "right" on a Reatta - having several cars that had them.

ya might want to google "Reatta pics" for some examples.:)

just my 2 cents...

Guest Dan Ogle

Well when it comes right down to it it's what you ,the owner likes.Frankly I like black-walls on the Reatta,but thats what I like. It's your car do what you like,and not what someone else thinks.

Guest my3buicks

Exactly true, it's your car do what you want - but usually if cars are changed to something they are not the results usually just don't look right or plain wrong. The Reatta is not an SUV, truck, or muscle car, it's a luxury 2 seater. When was the last time you saw a Mercedes 2 seater or any of the Reatta's competitors with raised white letters? You have a beauty, let it stand out for what it is, not for what it isn't.

Guest Dan Ogle

It's the same with the chrome wheels,mags,hood scoop,spoiler. It's all cosmetic.When you change what the car came with your individualizing,making it different from the norm,in a way that you feel makes it look better. I would love to put old style chrome reverse wheels with the hub cap ears that would accept baby moon hob caps on my 91, but so far I haven't found any that will fit without using an adapter.

Edited by Dan Ogle (see edit history)

Guest PontiacDude210

I've seen some white letter wheels on Reattas that really pop. Do what you want. You can always pay a tire shop a few bucks to reverse the tires to the all black side.

Last set of raised white letters I had on a car were the G70-15 Uniroyal Tiger Paw's that my dad bought me as a birthday gift for my '73 Monte Carlo. With the deep dish beauty rims and independent center caps, these looked pretty good from what I recall.

Blackwalls, whitewalls, raised white letter, or even the red stripe are all options that any owner can choose, it is their car.

However if you have it judged in a BCA event (400 point) a tire deduction will be taken for anything but blackwalls, since that was original.

I find it amazing that when you change the littlest thing with a Reatta it changes the whole vibe of the car. I think that is another unique thing about Reatta's. Thanks for the photo's guys, I really think the car looks great both ways. The cars posted with white letter tires look fantastic and very sporty. My car has a pretty fresh set of Michelins on it for now but who knows in the future. Just like the other thread with painted mirrors or side moldings, small changes are very noticeable on our cars. More so than other cars. I know the Reatta is a luxury car but you really need to add luxury "sports" car to describe it. Not to be mistaken as a muscle car, the Reatta is too sporty to be considered just another luxury car in my opinion.

The issue when white letters came out was that above 40 mph it looked like you had whitewalls. To be really cool where I lived you needed Blue Streaks.

post-31022-143142972429_thumb.jpg

ps I have a pseudo Mercedes two seater. It looks nothing like a Reatta. Ferrari Daytona looks more like a Reatta.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)