Parts for a zenith 105dc

Guest Jammo

post-106386-14314296145_thumb.jpg

This is the new zenith casting, which has been running well till now. I found one of the brass tubes has a crack all the way down it. Does anybody remake them, along with a needle/seat. If not I was going to have them machined. Thanks, Joe

post-106386-143142961449_thumb.jpg

Yes it is, running on a 1928 boattail. Thanks for the info, your a hard man to get ahold of ..... if I made more of internal parts, is anyone in the market for them ?

Stutz Owners' Register made between 12 and 20 in the 70s. I made about another dozen much later when people needed them. The only way I could be assured that people would get exactly what they needed was to make new every piece except the floats, which I could not do at the time. There is a lot of care, and "knife-and-fork" work to make every orifice diameter and length exactly the same. There are different jet sizes, and sizes for the large and small venturis are different for every application, various Stutz late AA, BB, M, Blackhawk ohc 6 cyl and side valve Continental 8 cyl, Jordan, Lancia Dilambda, and Tipo 8A Isotta Fraschini. The Lancia has an extra mixture economy adjustment sleeve. You make the float needle from monel, and the sleeve on it for the end of the float arm is brass. I unwittingly blundered in making the fit of the accelerator pump plunger to neat in the well; and the top disc would lift and spill raw fuel out the top. That was easily cured by drilling a ring of spaced 1/8" holes in the top disc of the plunger. The angle-cut throttle discs with a vertical rectangular hole, which in turn has a tiny round bleed hole, Is a fiddle to make. You will find that the trick is to make extra items, stored in separate jars, with different number of excess small parts, so that when you have to make another carb for someone, most components come from stock and you only need to make a few. As soon as new floats are finished for us, I guess I will need to make carbs for my own cars, and several friends.