Sign in to follow this  
MrEarl

Buy - Sell guidelines change

I didn't see anyone making a big issue or threatening anyone over the policy change, other than Smithbrother that is LOL. Just a few of us discussing the change and our approval or our disapproval. I didn't even see anyone threatening to leave the forum or the AACA over this. Their sandbox, their rules. Lamar is one of the most fair moderators of any of the forums on which I participate.

- Price -Strongly suggested. In other words, if you are lonely and are posting without a price just to get someone to email you with requests for information, low-ball offers, and angry demands for the price, then fine, skip the price. Otherwise put a real price on it and find a real buyer. *

Well done sir.

Maybe an addition to the guideline would make everything more cheerful and entertaining- when the price is not listed, please give a reason for not listing one.

Bernie

Why not consider a forum sub-forum for "what is it worth"? The reason most don't post a price is either they are looking for an auction site, with many "bidding" on their car. This is not "THAT" site. Or, they don't know what it is worth.

Current rules state that you cannot tell someone that whatever it is they are selling is not worth what they are asking, even if you are nice and educated about it.

Would be nice if the moderators would just "moderate". Generally, the population will try to guide and help anyone who asks. There is no place in the buy/sell area for the "if you have to ask, you obviously cannot afford it" nor price bashing. BUT, guiding someone in the "what's it worth" section would keep the buy/sell section what it is intended to be.

Whatever the decisions, moderators should moderate, and not wait for someone else to "flag" a post. You cannot tell me that the only time they read posts are when someone flags them.

Mr. Earl is pretty attentive to the posts in our section of the forum and anything out of hand that starts, is usually nipped in the bud just as quickly.

Off the soapbox Mr. Whitaker......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I'm going to TACKLE him, and spray SCALLOPS all over his face, Mr. Earl that is, hehe

Dale in Indy

Say Dale, I think he would like it better if you gave him a 1954 Buick Grill Grin. ;) Dandy Dave!

How about a pop-up window that appears when you try to open a new thread in "Sell" which links to Forum Rules and at the bottom there would be a check box which you must check "I agree" before you can continue posting a new thread. This may force new posters to read rules.Unfamiliarity seems to be the biggest problem. Those who are familiar with the rules/guidelines don't appear to be the problem with pricing and location.

Then they could scroll to the bottom and check the box without reading like most of us do anyway!:rolleyes:

How about a pop-up window that appears when you try to open a new thread in "Sell" which links to Forum Rules and at the bottom there would be a check box which you must check "I agree" before you can continue posting a new thread. This may force new posters to read rules.Unfamiliarity seems to be the biggest problem. Those who are familiar with the rules/guidelines don't appear to be the problem with pricing and location.

:rolleyes:

Another great idea!

Then they could scroll to the bottom and check the box without reading like most of us do anyway!:rolleyes:

Nice, TJ55

Dandy, I don't know, seems I read recently on this site that a poster said, "THEY ARE UGLY GRILLS".

As a former five fo owner, I don't agree, but then, I sprayed SCALLOPS on my two-door Century.

THINKING,

Dale in Indy

OK Lamar:

VERY bad. Need a price. Need a location. Need to have respect for a prospect's time too. Mitch

I never respond to any ad that has no price listed because I've been embarrassed a couple of times when I used to respond to them, only to find out it was beyond my budget. I'm sorry the AACA has made this change.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

That's no reason to be embarrassed.

They should advertise a price, it's their piece. They should know what it's worth. or., what they'll take for it.

Dandy, I don't know, seems I read recently on this site that a poster said, "THEY ARE UGLY GRILLS".

As a former five fo owner, I don't agree, but then, I sprayed SCALLOPS on my two-door Century.

THINKING,

Dale in Indy

Ugly??? Death to them that said that. Thththththth. Me and Mr. Earl would agree. Sweepspears and all. We really have to get together and talk at one of these meets. Not planning on Springfield, But the Penn meet looks promising.Dandy Dave!