What Car is This?

Guest forwheeler

I did some electrical work on a fixed hood, (As they say over there.) XK120 that belongs to a buddy. Getting in and out of that thing was the hard part for me. I think they were build for little guys. Even Driving it is on the tight side for a guy with long legs. Dandy Dave!

In 1967 I was in a serious head on collision in a bug eyed Sprite. Crushed both my knees, requiring a long rehab. Dad said "I guess you learned your lesson about driving those sports cars?" Apparently not because as soon as I could walk again, about 6 months, I bought my XK 140 and went back to school with it as my daily driver. As you may know, early Jags like to go fast but they really don't like to stop. With my weak legs I had to use both feet on the brake pedal AND pull on the e-brake if I needed to stop in a hurry. Somehow I survived.

Ouch. All I can say is some like to live Dangerously. Don't know if I would fare very well in my 1915 Buick if ever involved in a wreck, But at least I have a lot of leg room. Nothing but motor under the hood,... or I mean Bonnet of that Jag. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)