More Hoard Photos

Guest joelonzello

I would consider a true hoarder one who never sells anything and everything is either not stored inside at all, rotting in the ground or in a bunch of run down buildings that are really no different than being outside as the roofs leak profusely and everything is in a rapid state of deterioration.

I have alot of stuff. Of course selling it is my business and way of earning a living. Pretty much any day you could stop by my shop and I would sell alot of it by the truck load. Some days really cheap. Maybe even just by the pound or ton. Any day this week works for me. :) Just call ahead!

Here is a site online I just found.." Cars in Barns" -

Carsinbarns.com was originally created by Scott Robinson from Ontario, Canada. He had been watching a '68 Hemi Roadrunner rotting away in a nearby driveway for more than 14 years when he decided to photograph the car and post it online. Just after Christmas in 1999, he put up a simple site to display the photos he had taken and Carsinbarns.com was born. Along with photographs of local cars, Scott asked others to submit pictures of similar cars "rotting away" across Canada and the United States. It quickly grew into a site containing over 1,000 pictures and stories of rotting American muscle cars and classics.

In 2003, Jim and Dawn Brown of Branson, Missouri took over CarsinBarns.com. They continued adding photos submitted by site visitors as well as photos they had taken of cars in southeast Missouri. Jim and Dawn began the tradition of producing the now coveted CarsinBarns.com annual calendars and logo t-shirts.

In 2009, Steve Jackson of Dallas, Texas took ownership of Carsinbarns.com with plans to revamp the site and bring weekly updates to site visitors. Stay tuned! We've got hundreds of pictures and stories to add to Carsinbarns.com, and more are arriving everyday!

Pictures submitted and displayed on CarsinBarns.com are received from site visitors. We do not own these cars, we do not know where these cars are located, and we do not know if these cars are for sale. Feel free to contact us, but we DO NOT reveal information about the people who submit information to CarsinBarns.com. We respect your privacy!

http://www.carsinbarns.com/Classics/Pg3Clscs.htm

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)

I have a 31 xxxxxx that had a rusted grille and I was looking for one with better chrome on it.

It took about a year before I found one on E bay and I went overboard in buying it as I didn't want to lose it.

After buying it, someone got in touch with me and wanted to buy the old one as he was also biding on it and he had been looking for two years to replace his missing grille.

I didn't want to sell it in case I had an accident and needed to replace it. He wasn't too happy that I had two and he had none.

Does that make me a hoarder?

Nope.......that makes you a forward thinker...... ;)

The problem now is that the cars I hoarded (Collected) 40 + years ago have now become "Rich Folks" cars. They don't like people like myself owning those vehicles. (I am not worthy) and it irritates the heck out of them! I have to admit it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling everytime that happens.

Why is it a 'problem'? Even the rusty ones you don't get to by the time your body tells you to call it quits (and reluctantly admit it), is retirement income when you sell.

Craig