Shipping from Hawaii

John Kelso

Matson is probably the biggest shipping firm to the Hawaiian Islands, see several of their ships when we go out to work on coastgaurd boats.

i shipped a modern car three years ago to Maui, about 1200.00 from Seattle to Maui. i thought it was quite reasonable. Now a semi disassembled car? i would think have the seller load it in a twenty foot container with all the parts and get him to throw in some 100% Kona coffee and you are good to go.

Kirk

Edit; the company i used was Matson as well.

JAK, we just shipped a 33 Ford to Oakland, but it was a driver. I have been told by Pasha, Young Brothers, Matson, and others to ship a non-runner, you have to "container it" which costs quite a bit more. Matson even said it had to be labeled as "parts". There needs to be proof of ownership, titles, the shipper and the receiver approved, etc. Make sure you get a deal, it can be a bit of a trial and strangely, more to ship to the mainland than from ! When I moved over here, we used a gent named Jim Mc Cain, known as the "konacarguy". We were completely satisfied with him. I am on the Big island, but Jim will know about things for all islands and of course much more than I know. http://konacarguy.com/contact.htm