Sign in to follow this  
D-a-n-i-e-l

I don't usually do this.....

Think you have what Bentley calls "adequate" horsepower and torque.

Assume that is out of a 91 which is the beefiest of the Reatta axles.

With your stellar abilities I have no doubt you'll come up with a superior replacement.

I'm sure your front tires were happy they weren't the ones suffering that time. :rolleyes:

Did it go into axle tramp (bang, bang, bang...) ? That is the worst thing you can do.

No tramp.

I will definitely get them hardened. The axle shaft came off a G6. The issue is finding a replacement as they have to be the original GM Part so I can swap the ends out. Last time I had to order three before I the correct one, and they do not take them back once the boot is removed

I've seen videos of the fwd Toranados and the Eldo Fleetwood's with that 429 cu engine they had smoking the tires all the way down the street. After high school I bought an AMC Eagle that used the same outter half shaft and hub as these. One icy x-mas I drove down from Illinois to Louisiana all the while the front end went clunkty clunk. When I looked, there were no needle bearings left. Couldn't find the parts or they were too expensive at the time. Put it back together and drove it for a year like that before I was able to replace the bad parts. That was some iron.

This is why you need two Reattas Daniel.