Recommendations for enclosed transport from New Tripoli, PA to Yoakum, Texas

Dwight Romberger

Did you sell transport along with the car ?

Stay out of the transport decision making process - most Buyers are looking for the cheapest haul possible - but will never admit it ...

If you assist in recommending a hauler & things end badly - you will be the one blamed.

Winter will be around for a few more months - haulers are wrecking every day because they drive in bad weather

or when they are tired & overworked ....

Jim

Did you sell transport along with the car ?

Stay out of the transport decision making process - most Buyers are looking for the cheapest haul possible - but will never admit it ...

If you assist in recommending a hauler & things end badly - you will be the one blamed.

Winter will be around for a few more months - haulers are wrecking every day because they drive in bad weather

or when they are tired & overworked ....

Jim

Seconded. Shipping and transport often turns a satisfied customer into an irate customer. I've tried them all and they all screw up sooner or later. I had an exclusive with one that always gave me great results in the past, but after they left my Airflow stranded at Hershey for nearly two months, two damaged cars, and most recently a promise to deliver a car on a certain day that they wouldn't stand behind, I've given up.

Truck drivers call me and say they're an hour away. So I wait. I miss dinner. I miss my kid's school events. I get up early on a Sunday morning. Know what? They're ALWAYS late. It's 10:07 PM on a Friday night, and I had a truck driver call me this morning and tell me he'd be dropping off one of my new purchases at the shop "this afternoon." No show.

I'm probably going to stop helping clients with shipping and let them figure it out for themselves. It goes bad so often and gives me so many black eyes for something I have absolutely no control over that I'm about fed up with it. There's no benefit to me to provide any shipping help, not with the way transport companies are so careless with time and hardware.

If you didn't throw in transport costs with the purchase, tell the buyer to set it up himself. It won't go well for you if you set it up. Even if the car is perfect, the buyer will be dissatisfied with the delivery and that'll be your fault, too.

Yep, I'm bitter. I spend more than $70,000 a year on shipping and NOBODY seems to care about doing a good job, and I've tried them all, big and small.