Map sensor/Turbo

Guest wheelsport

Guest wheelsport

I earlier posted a question about my turbo coming on and off under heavy acceleration. Hemi suggested that there is a problem with correct waste gate operation. I have determined that the waste gate is working fine. I get a test code of 14 which indicates that the voltage at the map sensor isn't right. While testing the map sensor, I find the voltage to #3 wire is only 2.5 volts not 4.7. The ground wire reads 7 volts instead of 12 volts when checked. The other wire voltage is 5 volts. The sensor voltage varies when tested with a vacuum pump. Any ideas?

I earlier posted a question about my turbo coming on and off under heavy acceleration. Hemi suggested that there is a problem with correct waste gate operation. I have determined that the waste gate is working fine. I get a test code of 14 which indicates that the voltage at the map sensor isn't right. While testing the map sensor, I find the voltage to #3 wire is only 2.5 volts not 4.7. The ground wire reads 7 volts instead of 12 volts when checked. The other wire voltage is 5 volts. The sensor voltage varies when tested with a vacuum pump. Any ideas?

Voltage comes from and goes to engine control module, MAP sensors are easier to get and cost less than control module, bad connections add resistance to lines causing voltage drop, and where did you reference voltage / plug on or off the MAP. Thoughts only as I don't have a book for an 89, check and re-seat all connections, replace MAP first if problem persists.

Guest wheelsport

The plug was still connected to the MAP for the voltage variance and disconnected for ground test. Where is the control module located?

of course you will probly not find many. most of them will see the TC and jack up their rate
Do honest, professionals in your part of the country really do that, jack up the prices based on the make of automobile showing up at their door?

Oh, I see you are in the Garden State. Is it still run by the Maffia? I use to live there, in the '60s. Glad I'm not now.

Edited by Hemi Dude
needed to add a little... (see edit history)

Funny you should mention that Hemi. A couple of years ago I stopped at a gas station in Hannibal Mo. Two cars pulled up on the other side of the pumps. First one had opera blaring on the stereo. Occupants were in the finest Jersey clothing and hair styles. The second car had two gorillas to guard the occupants of the first car. I couldn't figure out if they were on the way to Lake of the Ozarks or Branson........ Maybe they just wanted to see Mark Twain's home?