ABS Brake Accumulators

Guest Kingsley

Guest Kingsley

The seeming non-availability of the OE brake accumulators for the TEVES Mark II ABS systems on Ford, GM and Chrysler cars of the late '80s is a hot discussion topic these days.

A week or so ago, in the process of getting as much background on this as I could, found several posts outlining alternative sources for these parts but am unable to locate them now.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to pull up these posts as I recall there was some good info in them.

Thanks.

Kingsley

www.reattaspecialtyparts.com

Guest Kingsley

Mr. Hinson - thanks, appreciate your help. Unfortunately not one of these but some pretty good activity on the Reatta Forum.

If I am not mistaken, it was on the General Discussion section on the base AACA website. Incidentally, just renewed my membership and look forward to getting the AACA magazine which has no equal in its field.

The article/thread/post had a good bit of info and mentioned a Westinghouse Brake part WA....... which was a direct replacement part for the TEVES Mark II OE accumulator that was so widely used in the late '80's by GM, Ford and Chrysler. I recall the post having a picture of a fellow - BIG Swedish fellow as I recall.

Belive I did copy the posts but am unable to locate them on my desk!

It is nice to know that a AACA post gets such prompt attention.

Kingsley

I

Maybe this one?

http://forums.aaca.org/f116/brake-issue-thoughts-385344.html

If not, try using whatever words you think are in the thread you are looking for in the search box near the top right corner of the page and maybe you can find it. I simply used the terms "accumulator" and 'westinghouse" and don't see much more than what I have posted here. The search works OK, but if the original post had anything misspelled, your search would have to also be misspelled the same to find it.