Riding High on the Pierce-Arrow:Excerpt from “The Last...

tumblr_ngmztvw5s01rkxyk6o1_500.jpg

Riding High on the Pierce-Arrow:

Excerpt from “The Last Period,” a 1926 collection of joke advertisements from Roslyn Motors, Inc., Long Island distributors of Lincoln Motor Cars.

More...

Roslyn Motors advertised heavily in the souvenir catalog for the New York custom body salons held at the Hotel Commodore in Manhattan. They were not in business long (approximately from 1927 to 1930) and the English Tudor styled showroom they built for their dealership in Roslyn still stands in excellent condition but is now a boutique. That building is directly opposite a historic clock tower at the center of the village of Roslyn in the historic district. Roslyn Motors also had branches in Southampton and Flushing, N.Y. also on long island.

I often hear comments about 20's Pierce Arrow coupes looking like TALL phone booths... but this is the first time I have seen them making fun of them in the time period. I am not sure what they were thinking having the guy bouncing out of the rumble seat, as they all had shocks. Not something many other cars had in that time. I guess they were thinking Lincolns were superior? Karl