Rubber Floormats Questions

Vila

My 1962 Triumph TR4 originally came from the factory with gray carpet except the driver and passenger foot well floor area which originally came with rubber mats only in those two locations, no carpeting underneath.

Can I assume that since this car would have originally come from the factory with that configuration I can leave the rubber mats in for shows, unlike my BMW 633 where I need to remove the carpet mats to show the original carpeting underneath.

Modern carpet kits for a TR4 come with carpet in the area in question, so can I also assume that if I left the carpet in I should receive a deduction even if the rubber mats are on top of the carpet.

Edited by Vila (see edit history)

If your's is the typical cut carpet set with the floor area as seperate pieces rather than a one piece molded set, it would be best to remove the capet and replace with the rubber mat only. This is typical of foreign sports cars of this period. Phil is correct, bringing documentation is always good. Correct and documented correct will never get you a deduction.

Thanks for the replies Phillip and Dave.

I have the original parts manual that includes the following page. As you can see the floor area forward of the seats only has rubber mats and no carpet. The text description of these two pieces states "Front Floor Mat Assembly (Rubber)".

post-64108-143142933665_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vila (see edit history)