63 Riviera Model

Guest Kaber

I have been looking for a model of a 63 Riviera since we got ours. Over the summer I found a 65 already built model at a flea market. I bought it and a 70 Buick GS for the wheels for $15. I built it up over the fall months and gave it to my Son for Christmas. I didn't take a before shot of the brush painted glue bomb, but here it is after I got finished. Its now sitting on his dresser at school! I made the headlights and I did change the taillights after I took the pics! The shifter is a little crazy! LOL!

image_zps5c42442f.jpg

image_zps7c148fe5.jpg

image_zps3a0f398c.jpg

image_zpsb574f5db.jpg

image_zps34d20926.jpg

image_zps2265ef74.jpg

image_zpse175ccdf.jpg

I have the one that my father bought me for my 16th birthday (Feb. 1963) after I'd seen one (Spruce Green w/ Silver leather at Stuart Conklin Buick Hutchinson, KS) in Oct of 1962 and asked for a real one for Christmas. Originally I painted it the colors of the first one I saw. When I bought my '63 in 1982, I repainted the model to match it.

Highway 61 makes a very realistic 1:18 diecast of the '64. If you don't know the differences between the 63 and 64, you'd never know what year the model is.

http://www.diecast.org/diecast98/html/asp/list_reviews/xq/ASP/id.H6150368/qx/reviewpix.htm

Ed

I have the one that my father bought me for my 16th birthday (Feb. 1963) after I'd seen one (Spruce Green w/ Silver leather at Stuart Conklin Buick Hutchinson, KS) in Oct of 1962 and asked for a real one for Christmas. Originally I painted it the colors of the first one I saw. When I bought my '63 in 1982, I repainted the model to match it.

Highway 61 makes a very realistic 1:18 diecast of the '64. If you don't know the differences between the 63 and 64, you'd never know what year the model is.

http://www.diecast.org/diecast98/html/asp/list_reviews/xq/ASP/id.H6150368/qx/reviewpix.htm

Ed

Thanks Ed, I have seen those. They do make a Diplomat Blue one but they are a little pricey for me. I think for me the money would be better spent on a radiator. Someday maybe.....