Phone Company Issues!

R W Burgess

Carbking posted an issue he has had with his company's phone system. He posted the company's name which puts the AACA in a bad legal situation. I told Jon to join this post with an e-mail or contact that you may use to get more information on his issues.

Thank you for understanding.

Wayne

Edited by R W Burgess (see edit history)

Wayne - my apologies! I had no intention of causing a legal issue. Was simply trying to help others avoid the situation I now have.

Suffice to say: if you are comptemplating changes to your telephone service, make certain you understand the ramifications of the changes.

If you need more information, you may email me at carbqueen with the isp being sbcglobal dot net.

The email is not in its final form, as the reason I use my wife's email was the number of spams I was getting via the web spiders, but may be assembled from the information in the preceding line.

Again, Wayne, my apologies.

Jon.

Sometimes we smaller targets become easier prey.

Wayne was right in his action and deserves support - not criticism, in my opinion.

Our club resources are to promote the hobby, not to be used for need of legal representation which could have been avoided.

While we are each entitled to our private thoughts, this is not the place for a "Soap Box"

(... and I have, in my corporate past, worked with a couple of major corporations - and they were not beyond litigious - especially when going after a "little guy"

Edited by Marty Roth
typo (see edit history)

Just to add a little extra, one of the other forums I visit used to be kind of paranoid about the legal stuff (Company and Vendor complaints, etc), then one day they just started to allow it. Not sure what made the difference.

Not saying we should on here now, just saying that other places get away with it somehow ??

Bill

I may have repeated this last year, but as an example, Mr. Moskowitz had to make a special trip to Florida last year to testify in a case that could have been serious for our organization. As it was, travel expenses, etc. were still incurred.

Why would anyone "punch the snake with a stick", when it's not necessary (avoidable)??

Just makes sense to me.

Just to add a little extra, one of the other forums I visit used to be kind of paranoid about the legal stuff (Company and Vendor complaints, etc), then one day they just started to allow it. Not sure what made the difference.

Not saying we should on here now, just saying that other places get away with it somehow ??

Bill

Bill,

Does the "...other forum" you reference hold a "501c3 tax status with the IRS"???

The AACA is a 501c3 with the IRS and this status must be protected at all cost. When I was on the AACA Board and a Moderator for 9 years or so we strictly monitored any arguments between "buyers and vendors". In addition which may be the difference between your "...other Forum" is this website is owned by the AACA and provided at great expense by the dues paying members to anyone (non-members included) interested in old vehicles.

Possibly something changed since I came off the AACA Board 5 years ago however I highly doubt it.

Wayne goes way out of his way to help people within the AACA and he was only trying as usual to help Carbking with his query...so be it. Let's just move on and let this thread die off.

(Not going to respond to any comments to my post)

Regards,

Peter J.

Well, I hesitated to comment and my first thoughts were right, I should had just skipped it. My intentions though were not to ruffle any feathers, which it looks like I did.

To answer your question about the IRS, I haven't even the faintest idea.

But I do want to copy what I wrote on my last line: "Not saying we should on here now, just saying...."

I'm out.

Bill