Flickering head lights

I need a few pointers to steer me in the right direction...<BR>When i turn the "brights" on , they start flickering ... but the normal driving lights work but them to occasionnally flicker ... any pointers ?<BR> confused.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

Flickering is often caused by a loose connection. Since it happens more on the high beams than on the low, I'd start at the dimmer switch and work my way out to the lights wiggling (sp?) the connectors and wires until I found where the loose connection was.

Hey Phil,<P>Most cars using a foot operated dimmer switch are wired so the wire from the headlight switch runs to the center of the dimmer switch. The 2 outside wires are for high and low beams.<P>Since they are mounted on the floor, they are constantly exposed to dirt and wet feet, a common cause of corrosion. Chances are, this is the cause of your problem. They aren't very expensive and can probably be ordered through any parts store. wink.gif" border="0

philip, why don't you register and join us on here on a regualar baisis (Pardon the spel chek problem wink.gif" border="0 ) The are serveral of us on here daily and you'll find that those of us who know each other will ride each other's case. Its done in fun.<P>Glad you found us.

Phillip,<BR>For a general discussion on checking the headlight electicals have a look at the recent thread "help with my electrics" started by 72 Electra Fan.<P>The foot push button was the guilty party on my 59 Dodge (totally rusted) and I was able to replace it at AutoZone!<P>However, flickering of the high load lamps is often an indication of failing alternator or sliping alternator belt (have you noticed any low battery charge symptoms such as difficulty in starting). This would be my troubleshooting start point.

Actually , i did have a hard time starting it , it would sort of do a weak turn but still turn , but later found that it was the intake gasket that was leaking.<P>i had the alternator tested , and it's perfect , voltage out is good , i put a new belt after the tests just to play it safe ...<BR>but no go ! frown.gif" border="0 <P>on my next day off , i'll take the foot switch off and the dimmer switch as well and do a clean up if they are still usable...<P>This place rocks , i can talk to you guys while i'm at work ... grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0