So What Did You Do Today?

Guest shadetree77

Guest shadetree77

Oh nothin' much. Just helped get the 1954 Buick Wildcat II RUNNING!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!! My adrenaline is still pumping. Or maybe that was the exhaust fumes.......either way.....freakin' awesome!

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lrEqywbzS-Y" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I spent day 9 working on a complete redo of my 3-car shop/garage.

It won't be beautiful, but is/will be organized/grouped, so I can at any given moment, walk up to any floor mounted machine, and put it to work. No more clearing stuff off on a machine in order to use such.

Shop is 24 x 35, heated, and air. I am set up for both metal & wood, fun fun, that's what I have been doing for a week PLUS.

Dale in Indy

I did a little bit of polishing...

....and it is "Kind-of" a Buick...

....... OK, so it is a Chevy with Lock Washers, but thinks it is a little brother to the big Buicks

post-54863-143142929566_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143142929579_thumb.jpg

A little late to the party....

Is this the same car that was at South Bend?

post-36036-143142930621_thumb.jpg

You are lucky to be so close and have access to the collection (and be able to work in a heated garage!).

I wanted to do a bit on the Special yesterday but with outside temps around 10F the poor propane heater wasn't able to help much. :mad:

post-36036-143142930628_thumb.jpg

post-36036-143142930612_thumb.jpg

Dei, that car in your picture is a replica of the original one that's in the video Robert posted. And another freaking awesome vehicle to boot. But the one in your picture has a 455 engine, I believe. This subject video car has a 322 nailhead v8, That Robert is one lucky guy to be on the inside of the garage with it.

Edited by JohnD1956
automatic, but erroneous, auto word selection. (see edit history)

Doug, my BCA membership will need to be renewed later on in this year. Would you mind sharing with the forum readers on here exactly what a 10 year membership in the BCA set you back? Were you given a price break for doing this? We're sure there are some folks out there that would like to know about this.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Terry,

The short answer to your question is this:

I opted for the E-Buick Membership for several reasons, cost naturally being one of them, so will deal only with that here. The yearly cost is $35.00 US per year. There was no savings offered at this time for the 10 years so it is $350.00 total US funds to me.

There is a savings offered from the mailed Buick copy rate but ..... for now this works better for me due to the fact my Canadian dollar is worth less than the US again. With an exchange rate to buy US of about 20 cents per dollar my actual Canadian cost was about $402.00 CDN.

Still a great value to me being a member of this organization! (and a bit optimistic I suppose since I can now officially get free coffee at some establishments - LOL) :eek:

My only comment on the rate issue is that had it been offered last year our money was about equal and I would have done a 10 year then saving money by the now current exchange rate. Really no complaint though as when I joined 12 years ago the rate was somewhere in the 60% area if I'm correct.

So to keep this thread on track,

Today I will be sourcing a new oven bake element since we ended up having to go out for supper last night. Thank heavens for Xmas gift cards! :(

post-36036-14314293398_thumb.jpg

Guest BigDogDaddy

My wife asked me what I did today. I said absolutely nothing. She said, you did nothing yesterday. I said I know, but I hadn't finished.

Not true, I actually went to work today. But I heard a comedian tell that when talking about his retirement.