Help - Automobile Archeology - Help

Guest c.johnson

Guest c.johnson

I have located a 1917 Maxwell (or at least most of it wink.gif" border="0 ) and would like to recover it. <P>I have though about using truck with a moving bed to pull it out. What worries me that it is buried up to the running boards, and I am afraid I may end up with a bunch of broken pieces.<P>To top off things, it is over 80 miles from my house, so it would'nt be reasonable to disassemble it to move it.<P>Any suggestions, or ideas?<P>Thanks,<P>cj

The first thing that comes to mind is to do what archeologists seem to always do - dig it out. At least dig the areas around the axels to provide a surface that you can get a couple of hydraulic jacks in position to help manuver the vehicle and free it. grin.gif" border="0

Ted is right, jack the car up and get her off the ground. You might want to bring a couple sheets of 3/4'' thick plywood to sit the car on after you jack her up, so you can slide it out to a more open area to work in, Plywood would be a lot cheaper then making parts that might be damaged if you try to drag her over the ground.

Guest c.johnson

Thanks...<P> I like the plywood idea. I maybe able to put some plywood down and use the "car skates" to get it out easier. grin.gif" border="0 <P>cj