Wanted 1969 Cheverolet S 10 tRUCK SEAT COMPLETE

Waldren

Back when GM just built 2 wheel drive models in-house, subcontacting the 4 wheel drives to an outside conversion company (as the 4-door cab models, for some specialized fleet customers), there were only "Series" designations. By 1969, they had started doing the 4wd models in-house, hence the "C" designation for 2 wheel drive and "K" designation for 4 wheel drive models (as in "K-5 Blazer", when that model first came out, circa 1969).

I know that our '69 Chevy C-10 (with CST package, bucket seat optional interior) does have a "C" in the VIN to designate "2 wheel drive". The exterior nameplates also have "C" in them, as "C-10" for a half-ton rated vehicle.

Regards,

NTX5467

Back when GM just built 2 wheel drive models in-house, subcontacting the 4 wheel drives to an outside conversion company (as the 4-door cab models, for some specialized fleet customers), there were only "Series" designations. By 1969, they had started doing the 4wd models in-house, hence the "C" designation for 2 wheel drive and "K" designation for 4 wheel drive models (as in "K-5 Blazer", when that model first came out, circa 1969).

I know that our '69 Chevy C-10 (with CST package, bucket seat optional interior) does have a "C" in the VIN to designate "2 wheel drive". The exterior nameplates also have "C" in them, as "C-10" for a half-ton rated vehicle.

Regards,

NTX5467

Thank you for the information. I have always been a Ford man.