'33 Chevy truck wood

Can anybody tell me who supplies wood kits for a '33 Chevy truck? I need the interior cab kit. I understand there's a place in Pa. making them. I want a kit that fits, not something that needs reworked once you get it.

Al,<P>Could this place in Pa. be near Glen Rock, close to the Maryland line that you heard about making these kits? I heard of this fellow (forget his name now) that was doing this and was to be doing very good work right after I did some wood replacement on a '35 International Depot last year. I'll see if I can find out his name.<P>Rick

Sorry to take so long to respond, Rick. I'm putting a new roof on my house(40 sq.) along with soffit and fachia. Pinky Randall told me the guys name a while ago and I can't remember what is was. I'm pretty sure he said the fellow was from Pa., but I'm not sure. confused.gif" border="0

Thanks, Rick. I had to cancel going on the Founders Tour also because of an employee that couldn't stay away from alcohol. She's ended up in the hospital twice in the last week and a half. Needless to say, she's gone and I have no one to fill the shift. mad.gif" border="0 <P>Oh, the joys of owning your own business; you can take off anytime you want, you don't have a boss to answer to( just every customer you have), and you set your own hours( sometimes 2 or 3 in the morning), not to mention babysitting employees. I wouldn't change it for anything! rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>(Just to mention a few of the perks!)

AL ~ Now you know first hand why I sold out and retired 10 1/2 years ago. I wasn't really old enough, just had enough. rolleyes.gif" border="0 ~ hvs

Al,<P>Howard was the smart one! <BR>I define Small Business with employees in one word. ~ Daycare! <BR>Next time we get together, remind me to tell you how to remedy that problem.<P>Back to the wood question. Was it Glenn Snyder of Snyder Wood Works in Nazareth, Pa.? I hear he does super work! I don't have a phone number for him, but I'm sure you can get it thru information. I still haven't heard back from Ted with that other fellows name. <P>Rick

Howard, I usually tell everyone I retired when I turned 35, this is just a hobby. At least that's what my salary indicates(not quite 40% of what I made in the '80s).<P>Rick, thanks. That name sounds familiar. I'll try them both as soon as you find out the other guys name. Thanks, again. cool.gif" border="0

Al,<P>Finally located the name you want for that wood job.<P>Dave Entler<BR>RD 2 Box 479C<BR>Glen Rock, Pa. 17327<BR>(717) 235-2112<P>It's my understanding that this fellow does totally top shelf work and has many early GM patterns on hand. This must be the fellow Pinky was saying about.<P>Good luck, Rick

Thanks, Rick. I just came off the roof and thought I'd check the site. I understand the fellow had a lot of original patterns so it sounds like him. I'll give him a call.<P>I understand the new arena at Hershey is progressing pretty well and the chocolate field is completely paved. Maybe you can give us a report since no one from the Hershey region is filling us in. Or, have I missed it and it's posted somewhere else on the site?<P>Thanks again! grin.gif" border="0

Al,<P>It's been a couple weeks since I was over that way, so I'm sure there has been even more changes. When i was there, the steel stucture of the new arena was well under way. The new brige crossing over from the Green to Chocolate is built, as is a new tunnel connecting the two. The old information home near the car corral is gone and the Chocolate field is completed in black top. The part I found interesting is the new design layout of the car show area between the stadium and Hershey Park Drive. There are now curbed islands with trees running through the middle of it with roadways. <BR>From those "in the know" that pop in here at the shop, I keep being told that things are well under control and they don't expect any problems. It will just take some getting use to by some of us. I feel if everyone keeps their chins up, we'll all have fun as always.<P>Rick

Boy, it sounds like there will be some really nice changes. The tunnel and bridge idea are something that's been needed for years. I always get an aerial photo of the grounds every year. It's neat to look back at the changes over the years. Sounds like the photo next year will be a dramatic difference. Almost like looking bach to the red and blue fields. Very good report, Rick.