1939 Graham Shark Nose

mikesbrunn

I bought a 1939 Graham Shark Nose. The reason I bought is that it has an open front like a town car. Is it factory or done later?? I was told it may have been done at a dealer in Long Island in 1939. But then again I bought a picture from Walt Miller that was said to be a factory photo. search 1939 Shark Nose town on ebay CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!. Mike

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)

How do you know that??

Mostly from the workmanship. A factory or custom body builder would have done a job so good that there was little doubt it was meant to be a custom. Without trying to cut your car apart, I would say that the workmanship is less than professional. Please don't get me wrong or take it as an adverse statement. If you were to look at factory customs that are out there, you might see a difference. I could be wrong.

There was some talk about it the Graham circles when it came on ebay. I do not think aynone in the Graham Club ever considered it more than a owner modified car. A friend of mine was offered the car by the original customizer in the 1970s. I can try to find out more of the details if you are interested.

Mike

The car was inspected by a friend before it was sold to the person who listed it on eBay. The eBay seller only had the car for about a week before flipping it. It was owned by America on Wheels museum and sold for $2,500 a few years back to the most recent owner (before the eBay flipper) who passed away a couple of months ago. The ebay description makes it seem as if the seller didn't have time to work on it and just decided to sell it. The seller bought the car from the Widow of the owner one week before listing. He also bought a restored chassis and a parts car from the widow as part of a one-package deal.