STEVE POLLARD

1969 CHEVROLET IMPALA SS 427 PROJECT

I remembered recently why I like '69 Impalas so much: The first car I ever drove was a '69 Impala...when I was 12 years old. (You'd think I wouldn't forget something like that, but I did until recently.)

As I recall, my dad had driven us out near the airport because we were waiting for someone to fly in. There's a big lake nearby, so we were passing time there, parked on a gravel road. My dad asked me if I wanted to drive, and I couldn't believe it. Just down the road 100 yards or so and back. It was a four door with probably a 350.

Best wishes on the project. Looking good!

• Like 1

My parents had a '69 Impala 4 door as well... 327 engine. Prior to getting my driver's permit, I use to drive it up and down our driveway....I had a lot of fun doing that until my father started asking questions about the streaks of burnt rubber markings on the driveway...😉

Steve

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Steve, I remember back in 1969,  a salesman who worked with my father owned a 1969 Impala 4 door Hardtop. It was Fathom Green with a black interior. That car made an impression with me. Just a good looking, well built car. John

• Like 1

Hey John, here is a picture of my parents '69 Impala.... they paid $3000 for it brand new ! This was taken around 1980 or 1981

Steve

steve's classics 9.jpg

• Like 3

On 2/19/2020 at 1:21 PM, STEVE POLLARD said:

Hey John, here is a picture of my parents '69 Impala.... they paid $3000 for it brand new ! This was taken around 1980 or 1981

Steve

steve's classics 9.jpg

Oh, that brings back memories! Thanks for the pic! Ours was blue, no vinyl top.

I can't remember how much my dad paid for ours, but it probably wasn't too much less than that...even though it was used. He bought it from my 6th grade student teacher, Mrs. Thurman, and I was in the 6th grade in the 1969-70 school year so it wasn't very old.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 3:14 PM, STEVE POLLARD said:

My parents had a '69 Impala 4 door as well... 327 engine. Prior to getting my driver's permit, I use to drive it up and down our driveway....I had a lot of fun doing that until my father started asking questions about the streaks of burnt rubber markings on the driveway...😉

Steve

Driving it or drag racing it in the driveway Steve?

• Haha 1

A little bit of both Ted....lol.  Come to think of it, I think my Dad had studded snow tires on it.....

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1