1953 and 1956 Olds Are they still out there?

TerryB

My wife has recently discovered the dealer paperwork for two Oldsmobiles her grandfather purchased new in 1953 and 1956 and we were wondering if they still might be out there somewhere. Both are two door models which usually makes them more collectible. Both cars were purchased at the Earl Stoyer Cadillac - Oldsmobile dealership in Schuylkill Haven PA.

The 1953 model specs are:

S88 Deluxe 2 door sedan serial 538W-2456 motor R-218723. For options it had #2-Group, A-Hydramatic drive, T-Tinted glass, Y-Power steering, Y2-Power brakes. No color is listed.

The 1956 model specs are:

S88 Holiday coupe serial 568W-12424 motor V1358394. Options are #2-Accessory group, A-Jet A Way Hydra Matic drive, E-Power steering, L-Power brakes, P- White Wall tires, X1- Chrome Wheel discs and Special Two-Tone Color. No car color is listed.

It would be great if one or both are still alive and I would be more than happy to give the paperwork we have for these cars to the current owners.

Terry

• 4 months later...
Guest exbcmc

I love this. My grandpa sold me his 52 Olds for $1 in '66. I often wonder where that car is.

• 2 weeks later...