BCA Office

Jim65Riv

My question is - does the BCA office have regular hours posted somewhere? I can't find anything in The Bugle or on the BCA website as to when the office is staffed.

I have contacted the BCA office in the past, and Mike and Nancy have always been quick to respond with the information requested.

In early November I renewed my membership online - 3 years - periodical class - charging $130 to my Discover Card. On November 10th, a charge from the Buick office appeared on my statement in the amount of $105, which doesn't match up with any renewal options.

I sent an e-mail to the BCA office on 11/13 about this issue. I have not had a reply.

I left a voice mail at the office about this issue on December 21st, and added the fact that I had not received my December Bugle. Again, no response from the office.

Brian DePouli did respond with an offer to send me a December Bugle next week if I don't hear anything from the office.

The BCA office should have an "out of office message" for those who call when Mike & Nancy are not available during stated business hours. That is common courtesy to account for holidays, vacation days, etc.

However, if you sent an email over a month ago, it should have been answered within a week and should not have required follow-up call. Two attempts with no results certainly deserves an explanation and indicates a need for increased oversight by the BCA BOD.

$105 Would be 3 years of the E-Bugle. just saying.

Regarding the E-Buick rate:

Last year when I went to renew my membership I had no difficulty calling the office. Even in the past when I left a voice mail they were good about calling me back in the evening. When I inquired about going for three years it was explained to me that it was not available as it only represented a small fraction of the membership and wasn't clear that it would continue this way (at that time 2013).

I'm all in favour of the E-Buick and now that it is keeping the past issues on file think it is even better. I do know that it saves foreign postage costs so a substantial savings to the Club if more go that route.

I just received a phone call from Mike Book. We got the issues handled.

I seems that I must have a steam-powered brain in an electronic world. I had checked the box for the three year e-Bugle, instead of the three year periodical rate.

As usual, Mike was very professional and innovative in his suggestions. I appreciate his response.

I'm going to give Mr. Earl's crow recipe a try.

Mike said that the office was closed all of last week for the Christmas holiday. I agree with Mark that the voice mail should have an out-of-office message when the Books are gone for awhile. Same for e-mail. As for the e-mail, Mike went back through the folder and couldn't find one from me.