ok I will ask again My dad is insistant

OK yes I knwo I asked this once already but my dad said he is positive this bulb horn I picked up is an automotive horn the detailing the hand workmanship and all tells him it is not imitation so please people helpme out here and I am forwarding allthe replies to this to him this time so he will see the responses ok...<BR>go to: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/ocean31auction/homepage.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/ocean31auction/homepage.html</A> <BR>to view the picture of this item if you would like me to send a different angle that may help just email me at ocean@ascent.net and I will taek a new pic ok.. thanks again for your patience..<BR>gen

Your horn hasn't changed, nor has my opinion. It's an Indian made bulb horn. It may very well be hand made. They make a lot of things by hand in India and through out Asia. They do have craftsmen too. <BR> Automotive bulb horns of the early 1900's were made with machines and probaly not hand made. If you look at the mounting bracket of your horn you will notice that the casting is rather rough. A original early horn would have a well finished bracket. Looking at the sodered joints of your horn you notice quite a bit of soder is visible. The finish of original horns would not have such sloppy joints. Quality of workmanship was very good in those days. <BR> Like I said before, I've seen those horns sold at many flea markets and their not automotive. Buy the way, they still use them in India on carts and other means of local transport. Thats why they are so prevelant. <P>------------------<BR>tsauto@v35.com<BR>AACA member, Pottstown Region<BR>'60 TR-3

You can even buy them from Harbor Freight. I got one a few months back at their store in Ft. Collins, CO, for something under $10.<BR>Fun to use in parades and on tours, but it is still a product of India. Years ago, 15-20, they were sold in the Hershey flea market for $5. Today you can't buy the reed for that. ~ hvs

You will notice that I said I GOT one at Harbor Freight. I didn't say I BOUGHT it. Actually Father Ron bought it, examined the reed, bulb and other parts and then said something like, "I flew out here. You keep it." smile.gifsmile.gif ~ hvs

And, my opinion has not changed either. If you are coming to the Hershey meet, you are welcome to bring the horn with you and you can then compare it with horns on cars or in the flea market to see what the differences are. You will of course find many of those "made in India" horns available in the flea market, some of then unfortunately being passed off as genuine. But, they are just inexpensive, imported "wall-hangers." They do not even come close to the quality of workmanship and material of the originals.