CORRECT BOLTS FOR 37 CHEVY

I AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON MY 37 CHEVY MASTER DELUXE 4DR. I HOPE TO SHOW AND HAVE IT JUDGED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HERSHEY. WHAT MARKINGS IF ANY SHOULD BE ON THE BOLTS THAT ATTACH THE FENDERS TO THE BODY. I ORDERED SOME AND THEY HAD 3 LINES AND A MANUFACTURERS IMPRINT. DID SAE HAVE GRADE MARKINGS IN '37? SHOULD I GRIND THEM OFF IF THEY DIDN'T? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS! DO YOU THINK I'LL HAVE ANY RUST PROBLEMS. SHOULD I PLATE, PAINT LIKE CAD PLATING OR JUST DIP IN WD40? I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT FINISH WAS ON THE BOLTS AT THAT TIME.<p>[This message has been edited by 37CHEVY (edited 04-06-2001).]

Try Kessler's, 1616 East Main Street, Olney, Illinois 62450, 618-393-4346. They will have complete fender mounting bolt sets for your car. I got a set a few years back for my '31. They will be correct and will be a lot easier than doing your own. Prices are very reasonable. Complete with instructions. <P>1937-38 - [268]pieces - $20.00.<P>hvs

A number of years ago I was able to go into my local, non-chain, hardware store and order boxes of the various bolts I needed without hardness markings. Took about a week to get them.<P>In the places where I only needed one or two bolts, I ground off the markings. I found that leaving them "raw" or putting WD-40 on them resulted in the same rusted surface after a short while. I'd either paint or plate them after grinding off the markings.