Removing Master Cylinder from 1950 Dodge

Guest frcc16

I'm ready to replace the master cylinder on my Meadowbrook. I can't find any youtube or threads related to it. Any advice on how to disconnect the pedal anchor from the master cylinder? The pivot pin doesn't appear to be a bolt. Is it just a pin that slides in? I'm also guessing that I would have to disconnect the brake lines and mounting bolts first to allow the master cylinder to move around. I'm I corret with this?

Thanks!

the pin you mention is just in there as a friction fit, but a very tight one. remove the C clip on the end.you can try heating the surrounding area, but not the pin. this will allow the hole the pin is in to expand making removal easier.then just drive it out with a drift. it can take a lot of force to do this. when I did mine I damaged the C clip and auto parts stores did not have one that big. I finally found them at a tractor repair shop. I used a brass drift. my first car was a 1950 dodge meadowbrook hande down in the family. I got it in 1966. I still miss that car. I love the square tinted gauges. .also, I have cores for this master from a 1954 Windsor which I think is the same. skyler

Thanks!... So far, all three connecting bolts have come loose and the pedal yoke slides back and forth on the friction pin. Hopefully, that's good news!

Thanks! I discovered last night that I can't push the pedal up farther into the car to get the master cylinder to clear the frame cross member that it is mounted over! Oh, yea,... and don't play with the brake pedal under the car while you are facing the brake line output ports!!!! HA!!! Sure glad I wear glasses! Duh!!!

• 6 years later...