Decoding data plate

mikecarnut

Your style number is 56-3067DX - not 0X. 56 is the year. 30 means it is a 98. 67 means it is a convertible. DX means it has power windows/seat/top.

L means the body was built in Lansing and was the 1,646th 98 convertible body built at that Fisher Body plant.

Trim 358 I can't answer at this time. Don't have my reference book in front of me at the moment.

S in the paint code means Special two-tone. 40 is Alcan White on the hood and upper front fenders and doors. 60 is Cirrus Blue on the back end and lower front fenders and doors. Standard two-tone paint would have been just the roof, and the rest of the body, which couldn't be done on a convertible.

U5 is the accessory code for some sort of power option. I'm guessing it's a power seat option. I need to verify that, too.

Paul

Trim code 358 is for Medium Blue Leather Bolster and Ivory Leather Insert upholstery.

Paint code S40-60 was not a recommended combination for '56, but any two standard colors could be combined, subject to approval of the Oldsmobile Styling Section.

Accessory code U5 is for the Automatic Electric 6-Way Seat Adjuster. Only available on 98 coupes and convertibles. In addition to being adjustable 6 ways, it automatically slides forward when the back is tilted front for easy access to the rear seat. It also slides rearward when either door is opened for easier front seat entry and exit. I'm assuming the driver would have to return the seat to driving position "manually" by using the power switch. 2-way power seat was standard.

Paul