gmorse

Alteration to 263cu.in crankshaft

Wow! I like the lighter on the valve cover. Nice touch. One of the reasons I love old Buicks, simple but quality engineering!

If you interessted, yesterday first run after the works like described above..

'38 Buick special coupe: http://youtu.be/_QG8KRNsaBY

I have a standard flywheel and clutch assembly that was on the 1952 263 that is in my 37 40 Series which I have no use for. Made a long distance runner out of the 37 by going to a Turbo 350 (Bengsten adapter) and a 2.73 rear end. Plan on a lap of the US this summer and have no doubts that the 263 is up to the trip. Got her up to <> 17mpg and gas is down so this is the year, health providing.

I have a standard flywheel and clutch assembly that was on the 1952 263 that is in my 37 40 Series which I have no use for. Made a long distance runner out of the 37 by going to a Turbo 350 (Bengsten adapter) and a 2.73 rear end. Plan on a lap of the US this summer and have no doubts that the 263 is up to the trip. Got her up to <> 17mpg and gas is down so this is the year, health providing.

Wish I could join you, Evan. I am envious.

Ben

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2014 at 11:27 AM, jenz38 said:

Like this ?

16530931au.jpgHello, My name is Joseph and I am in the Monterey Bay area of California. I am attempting to change cranks in a 263 that came out of a 1951 automatic trans car. The machine shop that pulled the crank told me that the crank I supplied to change it with has bigger journals and crank size, and will not work. I am curious if you still have the drawing above to attempt adapting the auto crank for a manual flywheel and pilot bearing still. Any and all help is appreciated,

Joseph

rodderjoseph@yahoo.com

A new home made flywheel (with a original startering shrunked on it ) you need also because of the different boltcircle.

Edited by Joseph Escalante
addition (see edit history)