’65 GS on the auction block … Raliegh, NC

Rivman

Another survivor ’65 GS going on the auction block …

http://www.raleighclassic.com/used-Raleigh-1965-Buick-Riviera-Base-494475H914440

The description doesn’t seem to match the car but it might be interesting? Interesting color combo, but lots of options. Just thought I would post it for anyone interested.

RALIEGH CLASSIC CAR AUCTIONS

Winter 2014 Raleigh Classic

NC State Fairgrounds Expo Center

Thursday, December 4th to Saturday, December 6th

Another survivor ’65 GS going on the auction block …

http://www.raleighclassic.com/used-Raleigh-1965-Buick-Riviera-Base-494475H914440

The description doesn’t seem to match the car but it might be interesting? Interesting color combo, but lots of options. Just thought I would post it for anyone interested.

RALIEGH CLASSIC CAR AUCTIONS

Winter 2014 Raleigh Classic

NC State Fairgrounds Expo Center

Thursday, December 4th to Saturday, December 6th

The body is in poor condition for the purported mileage on this car. If that is really the correct mileage it must have sat outside under a tree for much of it's life instead of in a garage . The condition of the carpet is unbelievable for a 25,000 mile car. My car at 57,000 miles has original carpet that looks brand new....no holes, no wear, and no fading whatsoever. Compare my door panel with the photo of the one up for auction....the same dark green color on the lower carpeted section.....

post-102001-14314285341_thumb.jpg

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

Also the steering wheel is cracked all to pieces......my 57,000 mile steering wheel.....what a shame that it couldn't have

been stored in a garage when not being driven. That being said, the color combination is very striking and if it was restored

it would really be something to have. Never seen that color combo before.

post-102001-143142853416_thumb.jpg

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

Guest dwhiteside64

Your car is in impeccable condition Winston - a real gem. My carpeting has it's share of wear probably due to many, many cleanings over the years and my worn door panels have seen better days but somehow I can't bring myself to replace them. Obviously the condition of these items lowers it's overall resale value, but I feel it gives the car a certain unique character and charm of it's own for some reason.

OK Riviera People: Looks like it might have some good attributes. Custom, power windows and a/c are the numero uno things I like to see. The rest of the gingerbread is gravy. The condition? GODDA SEE IT IN THE FLESH and test drive it! The mint green interior is by far the worst shade of green I have ever seen (worse than a 74 Chev) and combining it with a gold exterior would mean that something's gotta give...at least for me, that horrible interior color.

I also want to raise the subject of the escalating values of these Grand Sports. I drove one for several years as my daily driver and enjoyed it because I love a 65 Riv and....the GS being the ultimate Buick up to 1965 (and perhaps ever) added a personal stroke to my ego. The rise in values today compared to the entire picture, remember 1 in 10 65 Rivs was a GS, seems ridiculous to me, especially with the matching number mythology. Mitch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...