Hemi truck exhaust manifold

I had a guy call me that had one for a lot of money.

There was a pair that went thru Ebay a couple of weeks ago at just over $250, I should have grabbed those.

Haven't seen these on a 300 but that could be. My interchange book only lists them on the trucks.

I have a pair of 300 manifolds from 58 but thought that the truck may flow better. Cant get the block huggers in there.

Bob, You wouldn't happen to know of a pair of New Yorker rocker trims would you? There is a pair that I searched out that are NOS for $700 but that's not in the budget. I have a nice pair for the Royal. And lots of other 46 - 48 parts to swap.

While I am typing, do you know of any 12 volt wiper motor that would interchange?

Making some progress, but not in any particular hurry.

This is typical to 331 and 354 truck Hemis. It has a square flange.

Casting and part number is 1536377

It would be nice to find one that has a few inches of the header pipe so that I will have the mating flange.

Just like this one.

capyjack@comcast.net

Jack....try this guy....

post-37352-143142856714_thumb.jpg

Guest Bob Call

Here is another guy to try for first generation hemi parts. He is known as Hemi Bob. His email may not be correct as I haven't contacted him in 3 or 4 years. The landline phone number is in Colorado. The last time I talked to him he was in California. You can look for him on hothemiheads.com swap meet page also.

Robert Kaschenbufski, 303-907-0374, 719-372-6274 cell, hemibob@bresnan.net

And, yes the four bolt flange exhaust manifolds were used on both the 300 Series cars and trucks with 331 and 354 engines. Because these manifolds supposedly flow better than those with the two bolt flange, and far fewer were made, they demand a premium price.

Thanks Bob for the Hot heads idea, I have already heard back from Hemi Bob and he does not have one.

Thanks John, Darrel does have one as he saw the ad on HH as well, but I am hoping to find one for a bit less.

I may have to bite the bullet but not in a hurry yet.

Bob, I may have to bite the bullet on the Rocker trim as well. NOS would look nice, I think I will see how the paint turns out first though. That will still be awhile.

After taking a closer look at my inventory yesterday I see that the Royal rockers are not that nice. I may be able to fabricate something that would do.

Dave, I may have to do that. There is a shop within a reasonable distance.

Thanks all, Love this site.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

WOW, I am having a good day.

I called HH and the lady told me that these were not available as the vendor cant seem to supply them. Also said that she had thought that she had taken them off of the web page. (lucky for me that she had not and the AlanT had seen them there)

I told her that I only needed one as I already had a half of a set. Then a light went on in her head and she said "you know, I think I may have a half of a set in the back room".

Long story short, she did and gave me a fair price for it and it is on its way.

I love these forums,

Thanks again AlanT.

This happened in the general buy and sell forum.

There were two ways that the 4-bolt exhaust manifolds ended up on Chrysler 300 Letter Cars. It was in fact the truck manifolds that Carl Kiekhaefer tried onto his race cars since they were in the parts books, they were "legal". So in '56, for the 300B, 355 HP package, these manifolds were included if one ordered it so. For '57-58 those truck manifolds would not clear the new torsion bar suspension chassis. Two problems: 1. virtually touching the power steering box on the left and 2. hitting the rear leg of the upper right control arm The castings were modified creating flat spots on the ram's horn area to give clearance. These became part of the '58 300D optional "high performance exhaust system". That system was also standard on the 300D EFI fuel injection cars. I had cast reproductions of the "HiPo" manifolds and sold out a while back.