1923 model 45 transmission

Tom Getz

Transmission unable to disengage several times on tour. I have to get "volunteers" to rock the car back or forward to be able to pull the gear shift out of gear. What do I do if I do not have any "volunteers" on my next tour?

I have a few 1923 transmissions. If you figure out what is wrong with yours I could send you one or strip it down for the parts you need. Is your clutch disengaging properly??

It only sticks when it is in gear, and on an incline. I do not know much about adjusting the clutch, however it does not slip, and you do not have to push the peddle in far for it to activate.

Tom ...trying to understand the problem.

You Park the car and you jump in try to shift to neutral but can not get it out of the gear you left it in. If this is correct you solicit volunteers to rock the car and you get to neutral and start the car.

Have you ever simply tried to start the car with the clutch in and in the stuck gear? If the car tries to move during the stuck gear attempt then you have a clutch sticking binding problem. If the car starts try now to shift in gear.

You do not have troubles shifting once you get moving?