You Don't See One of These Every Day

Dave@Moon

Assuming they are right and there is only one, I saw it on the road in June. Not sure where we were exactly, and it was going in the opposite direction so I didn't see it for more than a second. We did make a trip through TN, KY and the general area of IL where he is located. It certainly caught my attention.

Sometimes I do things, just because I can. Sometimes it turns out amazing, and sometimes I hurry up and get rid of it before anyone knows I did it. I'm not sure which one of the "sometimes" this truck was for the guy that built it, but it does seem to show a certain amount of skill.

Man, tough crowd. Isn't variety the reason we're here? There are tons of oddball cars but someone out there loves every one of them. I go to car shows and see all kinds of cars that I'd never personally want to own, but someone does own it and someone does have fun with it, and I'm glad of that. I thought that's kind of the point of the hobby. This truck probably wasn't easy to build, the guy's got some mad skills. Kudos to him even if his motivation is not something you understand. It's not like he destroyed some priceless artifact, it's an F150, the most common vehicle in the universe.

If it's not your thing, that's cool, but no need to insult the guy. He's having fun, he's making people smile, what else do you want?

Man, tough crowd. Isn't variety the reason we're here? There are tons of oddball cars but someone out there loves every one of them. I go to car shows and see all kinds of cars that I'd never personally want to own, but someone does own it and someone does have fun with it, and I'm glad of that. I thought that's kind of the point of the hobby. This truck probably wasn't easy to build, the guy's got some mad skills. Kudos to him even if his motivation is not something you understand. It's not like he destroyed some priceless artifact, it's an F150, the most common vehicle in the universe.

If it's not your thing, that's cool, but no need to insult the guy. He's having fun, he's making people smile, what else do you want?

Well said.

I do restoration for a living. When you have to do everything exactly as it was new, and are restrained from personal creativity, things like this truck happen, lol! It's kind of like being an artist, but you are only allowed to paint copies of other peoples famous paintings. Without some creative outlet, I would have to make a steel ground effects kit for a Caribbean, and we wouldn't want that to happen!

Guest Gary Hearn

I would buy that in a heartbeat and drive the upside down wheels off of it. My only concern is that I did not see any seat belts on his nephews in the back.

You old guys are just too stodgy...

Like !!

Matt,

You're absolutely correct. This would definitely be a fun ride, and something I'd like to ride around in myself. The only potential problem I can foresee, is that once parked, the cops may be called to investigate an accident involving an overturned F-150 pickup truck! With that in mind, how would you know if this thing was involved in a real roll over accident?

Great job, and on a par with the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile (which makes me smile just to think about)!

Cheers,

Grog

I'm one of the biggest purists on this site, and I posted the video. There's a world of difference between having fun with the remains of 2 20 year old Ford pickups and the remains of a 60 year old automotive endangered species.

BTW, the way you know if this thing was in a rollover accident would be that everyone inside was dead. I seriously doubt that anything like modern safety standards apply to this vehicle, but so what.

• 2 weeks later...

Well said. I'm not sure if this could be filled under "Great minds think alike", but somebody did an upside-down Camaro racecar.

post-71232-1431428697_thumb.jpg