Do we need a Riviera Buy-Sell subforum

Similar to the Reatta forum? Not guaranteeing I can make it happen if so, but I can ask. I have mixed feelings about it, I sorta like discovering them within the regular forum. Let me hear your input.

Similar to the Reatta forum? Not guaranteeing I can make it happen if so, but I can ask. I have mixed feelings about it, I sorta like discovering them within the regular forum. Let me hear your input.

I'm good with how it is now.....

Kaber

As-is works for me. The only real issue is because other forums frown on for sale stuff in the general forum, some people don't think its OK to post For Sale items or links to them here. I haven't seen much evidence there is a need for a separate Riviera for Sale forum but on the flip side it could be one of those things where "if you build it they will come"

I like it as is because I only need to look once to see everything that's pertinent to the Riviera. Thanks for thinking of us though.

Lamar, you're so close. What's it going to take to get you to commit to getting that Riviera you want so badly?

Ed

Thanks for the input guys, so I hear ya, no need breaking something if it don't need fixin, he he. Hopefully everyone down here knows they are welcome to double post buy sell items here as well as in the Buy/Sell forum upstairs. As well as other Riviera subject threads that may be of interest to the general membership (or at least a link to the thread).

Lamar, you're so close. What's it going to take to get you to commit to getting that Riviera you want so badly?

Ed

Ed, man it is killing me to see some of these first gens selling for around a King grand, which is my budget. I will need to sell a 54 before it can become a reality though and I am perfectly willing to do that, but I am pretty covered up in building my Buick Sales and Service Garage right now. I've never been very good at multi tasking, so I just hope there will still be a few around in a year or so when that is done. I am watching and learning though. ;-)

While I agree there is not an extreme need for a Riviera specific forum, it would be awfully nice to have parts for sale separated from cars for sale.

I am usually looking for one or the other, rarely both at the same time.

When home it's not a big deal, but on a tablet while traveling it becomes tedious with the reload time to go through 7 or 8 pages to only see a couple of dozen cars.

That makes sense but you will still have to do a search to find the part you're looking for. If it's something you need right away, you'd notice it right off. If it's something you find you need and have to do a search for it, you'd have to search the buy/sell forum. If you employ the search tool effectively, you limit what you have to comb through no matter where it was originally posted.

Ed

That makes sense but you will still have to do a search to find the part you're looking for. If it's something you need right away, you'd notice it right off. If it's something you find you need and have to do a search for it, you'd have to search the buy/sell forum. If you employ the search tool effectively, you limit what you have to comb through no matter where it was originally posted.

Ed

Ed,

Agreed!

But often times I am just grazing, i.e. looking for cool things or cars that I certainly may not need, but once found become a necessity.

You know, just like when I am ambling through every aisle at Home Depot, after finding the one thing that I went in for!