1929 National Service manual wiring diagrams

IndianaCarGuy

I have a 1929 Nat'l Service manual which contains alphabetical listings of everything fom Ajax to Winton, it's over 1500 pages of wiring diagrams and listings of electrical components by make. It covers Approx. the years 1913-1925 best, and, although I would not sell it for anything, feel free to contact me if you have an electrical wiring difficulty or need info.<P>R.S.

I have the one that covers from about 1926 through 1942. Also have a supplement covering the early post WW II years with a tremendous amount of info on those few years.<BR>Carbs, electrical systems etc.<P>Same offer of help from me. ~~ hvs<BR>

IndianaCarGuy, we've appreciated your input on other threads, and now welcome your registration.<P>I am afraid that this offer for info will get lost in the threads after a couple of weeks. Maybe Peter can put a "place to get this info" somewhere on the homepage and provide your address or eddress. What do you think?<P>Howard, I would like to get the sheets for the 1927 Marmon Model E75 and the 1927 Marmon Model L.

Ron ~ I have two pages on the 1927 Model E 75 and will make copies and send them to you.<BR>I can find nothing on the Model L. Is that the giant roadster I saw last spring? shocked.gif<BR>~ Howard

I have a couple of sheets on the L (1927), I will see if I can get them copied at kinkos on monday,..e-mail me. In the meantime, anything vital you need on electrical? You can ignore the one on the E-75 if you can get it from howard,... Wow,..looks like the L is simpler to wire than the E75, makes sense since it is an eight, not a twelve.<BR> 16258374 firing order? timing is 5 teeth before TDC breaking point. What body style is this? I really prefer the large Marmon Eights,..they are grand.<P>RS<p>[This message has been edited by IndianaCarGuy (edited 12-15-2000).]

IndianaCarGuy ~~ Save your copy costs on the E 75. Mine is already in the mail to Father Ron. I cheat! I have a copier in my home. cool.gif<P>Send him the Model L stuff. I have nothing on that one.<P>hvs smile.gifsmile.gif<P>oops! Looks like my little man with the glasses just got kidnapped.<p>[This message has been edited by hvs (edited 12-16-2000).]

Great guys - interesting what you can learn and miss in a wiring diagram. One input was the question about whether the one Rick saw a couple of years ago was the L (which stands for Little) or the big one. The other statement was that the L must have simpler since it was an 8 and not a 12. The E75 is actually the big one for that year with a 6 that has dual ignition and a 340 ci engine, while the 8 is only about 240 ci in 8 cylinders, and the body is much smaller. Sally and I have one of each, and yes, these diagrams have already helped identify some answers we needed. Thanx to each of you. This can be an important service to the DF visitor - not so much for the Marmon info, but that the answers are here for many other vehicles.

Well,...it just shows ya can't tell much about a car from just the wiring. I'd settle for either one, actually, a dual ignition 6 or an eight,...someone near Waco is parting out a 1920 touring Marmon,..and I can't bring myself to go look at it,...he doesn't list a price, and I am sure it's pretty well done for.<P>RS

• 3 weeks later...

What a great manuel to on! Does it have a diagram for a 1922 Maxwell Touring? If so, it would be very helphul for me. Thanks - Raymond realty@raymondre.com<P>------------------<BR>Raymond Smith<BR>102 Bridge Street<BR>Arroyo Grande, CA 93420

Good lord! Did Maxwell change the wiring every year for the model 25?? I have a model with an Atwater Kent ign., auto-lite gen,. a Simms-huff gen,. AK ign, a Remy "good"(?) model,...which do you need? I must have at least 7 different pages on different diagrams for the Maxwell from 1915-1925,..and they are all pretty different. I need to get this stuff photocopied, I feel like I need a secretary to keep up with this. <P>RS<BR>