A CHEVY WITH LOCK WASHERS ?

Marty Roth

My respected and revered friend Pinky Randall "MR. CHEVROLET" once back in 1994 told me that a BUICK was just a CHEVROLET with LOCK WASHERS ---

I guess our 1988 Corvette came with lock washers !!!

post-54863-143142819691_thumb.jpg

My respected and revered friend Pinky Randall "MR. CHEVROLET" once back in 1994 told me that a BUICK was just a CHEVROLET with LOCK WASHERS ---

attachment.php?attachmentid=279697&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1415383895

I guess our 1988 Corvette came with lock washers !!!

It's a Chevy for sure. You can tell that by the huge pool of fluid under the engine. (Just kidding!)

And Ford uses "soft allow flexible steel" as "safety wire"?

Now, y'all are forgetting about Chevy using "coarse thread" bolts/screws as Buick tended to use "fine thread" fasteners instead? Might take a little more time to get them to the initial torque point, but easier to modulate once that tightening point was reached.

And then there was the bumper sticker on many an "upgraded" GN . . . "I Brake For Corvettes".

Also, at one time, GM was considering taking Corvette from Chevy and giving it to Buick. That was back in the earlier 1980s . . . when some decisions came back "to haunt" in later years.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

And then there was the bumper sticker on many an "upgraded" GN . . . "I Brake For Corvettes".

I saw a bad Grand National on the street a couple of weeks ago that had small vinyl lettering across the bottom of the rear window.

So many Mustangs, too little time.

Ed

In the "Five-OHHH" Mustang days, you could tell a "real 5.0 driver" at the red light, no matter what you were driving. Just catch them slightly "asleep at the light", or "catch a better light than they knew they should", quickly beat them away from the line, then you'd hear the revs come up and they'd soon pass you as if their honor had been besmirched. SUCH FUN! All it took was a quick initial acceleration and here they'd come. By that time, you'd be at the posted speed limit and cruising as they roared past, Flowmasters a hollerin' . . . hehe. Gotta have those Flowmasters to be "a real Five-OOOHH-er", it seems.

Those were the days, LOL!

Enjoy!

NTX5467

At some of the prior Buicks & Bluebonnets Tour events, there used to be a "Most Drips" recognition (award??). Many who received it were somewhat embarrassed about it. Some took it "in stride". Others claimed "SABOTAGE!!" As I understand, there might have been a few part-full quarts of oil around, though, as I don't suspect anybody would save any "old oil" to donate to such a cause. Of course, this was when many still had "full range of motion" . . .

Enjoy!

NTX5467

I'm sure that Marty does as I do, park my old cars very carefully EXACTLY over an oil pool, and I've gotten pretty good at it.....

I must not be as good a driver and as accurate as some of you. I just went out and bought a drip pan for the garage & trailer. Makes life easier.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

In the "Five-OHHH" Mustang days, you could tell a "real 5.0 driver" at the red light, no matter what you were driving. Just catch them slightly "asleep at the light", or "catch a better light than they knew they should", quickly beat them away from the line, then you'd hear the revs come up and they'd soon pass you as if their honor had been besmirched. SUCH FUN! All it took was a quick initial acceleration and here they'd come. By that time, you'd be at the posted speed limit and cruising as they roared past, Flowmasters a hollerin' . . . hehe. Gotta have those Flowmasters to be "a real Five-OOOHH-er", it seems.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

I did just that with a 3.0 litre Ranger with five speed manual...almost had to pull over because we were laughing so hard.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

That's always been great fun! But in the 1960's, I would bait chevy 409s with my 55 Special. At that time I was using it for hunting and fishing as a substitute for a Jeep: the springs had spreaders to raise it; it had mud/snow tires at 20psi and at the time it had a 56 Buick dynaflow (switch-pitch worked in low also). With a good hook-up and minimal tire spin I would jump them at one light, let them show off at the next light and then watch as they are pulled over at the 3rd light.

I'm sure that Marty does as I do, park my old cars very carefully EXACTLY over an oil pool, and I've gotten pretty good at it.....

Ages ago while in college, and through my early career I drove British and Italian sports cars. When they didn't leave an oil slick, it was getting beyond time to add oil.

My 1960 Rambler American with broken rings in the first two cylinders got about fifteen (15) miles to the quart of oil until I replaced with new rings. I kept it running 120 miles each day by using the oil drained out of the cars at the Sunoco service station where I worked part-time in Roselle, NJ. Without even honing the deep grooves in the cylinder walls, the new rings in only 2 cylinders stopped the oil burning completely. That car only leaked from the tranny and differential. !

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)