Need some parts for my Reatta

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

I am having brake problems again with my 90 Reatta. Same problem as before hard pedal lights on dash are on. Got a used part from Jim Finn a few years back and at the time he said he was out of them. I don't remember what it was but if anyone out there has the needed part let me know. Also one front headlight motor seems to have shorted out and just keeps running until the battery is dead. I unplugged it and am opening it manually, anyone got any answers to this.

Guest PontiacDude210

The headlight motors will run until they hit hard stop I think. Maybe you have a bad bushing in the motor not letting it stop firmly? I might be way off base here, just a thought though.

IMHO sounds like you may need a brake pump motor and a headlight module. If you hear the brake pump running when the engine is off but your ignition is on then your accumulator is shot. Ronnie has some good info on his website about how to troubleshoot the brakes and you can buy an accumulator from him. The headlight issues are more about the arm failures but the module fails often too and these are both hard to find and hard to replace. The module is under the air cleaner on the same bracket that holds up the fuse panel under the hood. Take out your air cleaner and pull the two connectors and clean up the connections, test and see if the motor that opens the door stops. There's probably better info on this if you do a search. If you have to replace your brake pump, you may as well replace the whole shebang but they can be separately repaired. People advocate flushing the system because water destroys these pumps.