1963 Rivera trumpet horn set.

62 driver

I have a set of 24" and 14" 1963 Buick Rivera trumpet horn. They work well and have the brackets. Are they rare? How much are they worth? Thanks Dave

How do you know that they are from a '63? What are the part numbers stamped on the horns?

How many brackets are included? Can you post pictures?

From Chip Little's website

http://www.chip.com/buick/techtips/hornrepair.html

If you open this, be sure to look at his other "tips" on repairs for different items.

At the bottom of his "tips" on the dual diaphragms, he makes this statement:

NOTE: The vacuum diagram in the '64 shop manual (Fig. 11-80) is incorrect. The diaphragms are reversed; the one labeled "Heater & Evaporator Air Door Dual Stage Vacuum Diaphragm" is actually the "Outside & Recirculated Air Door Dual Stage Vacuum Diaphragm" (and vice versa).

Can anyone confirm this or categorically deny it? I'm about to head down this road.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

From Chip Little's website

http://www.chip.com/buick/techtips/hornrepair.html

If you open this, be sure to look at his other "tips" on repairs for different items.

At the bottom of his "tips" on the dual diaphragms, he makes this statement:

NOTE: The vacuum diagram in the '64 shop manual (Fig. 11-80) is incorrect. The diaphragms are reversed; the one labeled "Heater & Evaporator Air Door Dual Stage Vacuum Diaphragm" is actually the "Outside & Recirculated Air Door Dual Stage Vacuum Diaphragm" (and vice versa).

Can anyone confirm this or categorically deny it? I'm about to head down this road.

Ed,

Maybe you would get better feedback if you started a new thread about the HVAC issue. This is a 4 note horn thread,

Tom

How do you know that they are from a '63? What are the part numbers stamped on the horns?

How many brackets are included? Can you post pictures?

Jim, The 14" horn is stamped with 948. The 24" horn is stamped 949. All the bracket are there. It will be a few week till I can post photos. They have be stored indoors for the last 30 years.

Dave